2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
LouisaSB says

Hi, this is my first time trying to build my site and I’m sure I’m missing something really obvious but can’t work it out. I’ve transferred my Avada theme into Filezilla and Wordpress is in there also. When I go to my account in Wordpress.com, there is no sign of the theme under the Appearance/Theme link. There are a whole bunch of other Wordpress themes but not Avada.

Am I missing something really obvious?

Please help!

212 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Located in Belgium
+3 more
Playnethemes says

Check the file structure. It should be a folder called: “avada” and in it should be “style.css”, “index.php” etc..

If this is not the case that’s the problem! :)

5399 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

WordPress.com doesn’t allow you to use your own themes unfortunately. You will need your own hosting account or a WordPress.org account. Thanks!

2 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
LouisaSB says

WordPress.com doesn’t allow you to use your own themes unfortunately. You will need your own hosting account or a WordPress.org account. Thanks!

Thanks for that.

I’ve also realised that I need to configure my FTP via cPanel. That seems to have worked beautifully and I’ve got a confirmation screen with my user name and password. However, when I click the link [mydomain]/wordpress/ and copy and paste said user name and password, it won’t let me log on. I get the error message: This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required. Additionally, a 401 Authorization Required error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I’ve logged a ticket with cPanel but due to the time difference (I’m in Oz) I’m unlikely to hear from them for at least 6 hours. Have you, or anyone else out, come across this and have a solution?

Cheers!

by
by
by
by
by
by