2 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Sweden
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
shadowfire says

Honestly, I’ve been spendin aprox 6-7 hours browsing through themes, testing, trying, reading but Im unable to find what I look for. :( ... when I find a theme with nice design, it lacks of functionality and the reverse.

Would be awesome if someone could recommend me a theme – or I’ll have to search for someone who can make a theme from scratch.

Some of the requirements for the WP-theme: - should rather be responsive since loads of the users of todays blog are using mobile devices - mainly for blog purpose, BUT with options as multiple video and image portfolios/galleries on separate pages - should be able to display multiple images in the blog posts, or use just plain text and/or simple quotes as blog posts - part for articles, not blog posts but separate articles for the viewer - optional, but support for reviews/rating would be good (can live with articles tho) - possibilites of adding advertisements, both in the veryvery top and right of contents (sidebar could be used) - should not include any visible logo or label to the author Frontpage should be a TINY and wide slider and then blog posts directly beneath, since the blog is what should front the common visitor first. I love the Gretchen-template style of the blog posts as in separate colored boxes. You easily see start and end of each post.

I like when the frontpage/slider gives a feeling of “floating” with shadows under and not everything boxed on top of each other:

And the gretchen style of framing/boxing each blog post:

And an article section like this, displayed with thumbnails and brief text with “read more” option:

Mailto; shadowfire1977@hotmail.com

20 posts
tripodzid says

If you are looking for a custom-made theme, I could help you with it. You can’t find anything you want in a single theme, unless you know how to create your own.

2 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Sweden
shadowfire says

If you are looking for a custom-made theme, I could help you with it. You can’t find anything you want in a single theme, unless you know how to create your own.

hehe, yes I was afraid of that. :)

What I recognize here is that many theme authors forget about the blog functionality when they make awesome corporate/company themes, which actually is kind of what I look for. Thats why I did set the topic to “professional blog”, either you can have just a “normal blog” or you can have a blog combined with portal functions and thats what I seek.

I’ll see if I can find any theme with got basic functionality or which got a good design and lack of some functions. Perhaps its not that much work for someone skilled to add proper blog functionality for example.

by
by
by
by
by
by