Hi guys,I’m pretty confused about how the profile rating works. I guess it’s based on my item ratings, so I have 5 items, 4 with ratings, they are rated like this:
- Item 1 – 5stars;
- Item 2 – 5stars;
- Item 3 – 5stars;
- Item 4 – 4stars;
- Community Moderator
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
The “5 stars” items could actually have a few lower ratings hidden in there. These are hidden on the item page so that a single bad user cannot bring down an items rating.
So I guess it doesn’t base the profile rating off the average of the final item star rating, but the average of all the votes across items. In which case the lower votes that are hidden on the individual pages actually combine together to reflect an overall item rating.
Hope that helps.
Oh, that would explain… Thank you.