698 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
segen says

Hi guys I need a project management tool as a desktop app. I run Win/XP. Any suggestions?

What I need is to start a project, add description, date, client, budget bla bla. To do list, some time tracking etc. maybe some stats and so on. Please any info appreciated. Thanks.

2952 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

yeah would love to have that too

burningstonecold
burningstonecold Recent Posts Threads Started
143 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Located in Australia Has sold $1+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
burningstonecold says

There is something that runs on Adobe AIR called Klok.. Does basically what you need.

698 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
segen says
There is something that runs on Adobe AIR called Klok.. Does basically what you need.

It’s nice. Installed and checking out right now. It’s very simple and basic, exactly what I need at the moment. Thanks.

Additionally: If someone happens to come across some advanced application please post a link here. Thanks.

698 posts
+10 more
segen says

Ok so I checked Klok and it’s really basic. Also it’s a bit slow. It’s just a basic time tracking software, which is good but actually not what I was looking for.

The main thing I need to have is to write somewhere all project details like, Client, web site, e mail, description, budget, estimated time, deadline, time tracking etc.. This way I could have all my projects organized by date and could transfer all data I get from clients via email to that software.

Any ideas?

960 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
jeffeatworld says

Does it have to be on XP? Can you not use something like Basecamp online? It’s free, it’s awesome and best of all if you change your computer you don’t have to worry about backing it up.

2 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Located in Canada Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
coreyvf says

There was some Microsoft program… kind of looked like Excel, I used it in college… forget the name right now…

Microsoft Project, I think… search it on Google…

52 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
twiroo says

marko, look at this article – Top 10 Best Free Online Project Management Application Services

maybe you’ll find something usefull for you

698 posts
+10 more
segen says

@jeffeatworld Thanks I’ll look into it. @coreyvf Thanks

@twiroo thanks man this Rocks! Much appreciated.

698 posts
+10 more
segen says

Ok so most of these are actually not free except for trial. So I called my old friend senior dev, awesome dude, and he actually has his own project management software developed based on Basecamp. I have finally found something I will use and the coolest thing is…I’ll host it on my own site! Awesome.

Thank You all for help.

by
by
by
by
by
by