Yes? No?

5180 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

There are quite a few files on at $5-$8 which I could knock together in about 20 minutes. So it doesn’t figure when a file that takes 24 hours including support material and all sells at $12.

The truth is though, that if they were priced any higher, they probably wouldn’t sell.

-f.

1286 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

It’s just the in-migration of all the ‘other site’ stuff of cheaper projects; I for one would be much happier to see, and continue buying, high quality $15-$30 priced 60-second type ae projects like you and other good authors created before this acquisition.

15 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
justD says

Devaluation of files is like devaluation of money in a country. It’s just way too much of them.. Looking at the files a few months ago i see some files priced about 10-12$ and equally complicated files today get about 6-8$. Maybe is the economical crisis :) or not..

4908 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Guys, I know I keep asking you all to trust me. As frustrating as this transitional period may be for some of you, I promise it will be over and done with soon, and the site will return to normal.

Regarding pricing, I have always, and will always price files based on many factors. Quality being a big factor, and also what I think will be the best price to generate good sales. A number of other things as well. And the merger has not changed our policies. If there is a file that was approved that you are not happy with the price, send support a mail and ask for a price review.

I have a lot of plans for VH in both the short term and the long term and if you’ve liked anything about VH so far, you’re going to love it even more in the coming months!

15 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
justD says

Mark is keeping us all not to fall apart into pieces. We trust you man. :D

4908 posts
+9 more

:) Thanks buddy.

145 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
frayquantum says

I don’t know if this will help.

but I tend to think of those like VH’s own author’s files whenever standards are bumped.

sure, some of them are lower, but they are created in the past. so there they will dwell.

I just hope that from this point onwards, every author that submit new files will have the review standard at our beloved VH levels. and I believe Envato is doing so, thus new files fresh from the queue will reflect this change.

to put myself in a RR’s author shoes, now I suddenly have to bump my standards to match VH’s. otherwise my files will be rejected because the market for a particular type of files is saturated. I think something good might come out of it

417 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Sharky says

I’ve noticed it too, but usually don’t mind. As long as people are on forums for chatting. I still remember the time when it was only Mark, Baf, zani and hedley (where the hell are you?).

Yup…. it was a quiet lonely world….

I need a hug.

4908 posts
+9 more
If there is a file that was approved that you are not happy with the price, send support a mail and ask for a price review.
Well i was asking once to make one of my item cheeper. sent a message to support. even Loged in and changed message status to important as it really had to be processed before people start to buy. it’s been more than a month now. noone even replied saying we don’t agree with your price. Nothing. So i gave up and understood this is what they say, but it’s not really working.

That is very strange. Support goes through and completely clears the queue if there are no open tickets. We changed our system over a month or two ago. It’s possible that your ticket somehow got missed in the change over and may be lurking in the old system that is not active anymore. Sorry for the mishap!

If you’d like to ask again, you can contact me directly through my profile page with the file, and the reason you’d like the price adjusted. I’ll look into it, and if I find cause, I’ll adjust the price.

Under normal circumstances, you need to go through support but since this mistake happened I’ll gladly accommodate you!

by
by
by
by
by
by