• Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Finland
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+1 more
uniquefx says

Oh the irony.

When someone steals your work and provides a download link to it,it’s almost impossible to get that video taken down,not to mention the user account.

When you actually do authors a favor and promote them legit.You’re out in no time.

7208 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

Oh the irony.

When someone steals your work and provides a download link to it,it’s almost impossible to get that video taken down,not to mention the user account.

When you actually do authors a favor and promote them legit.You’re out in no time.

welcome to the internet :)

281 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Beta Tester
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
+1 more
johnnybd says

@uniquefx: apparently, promoting in YouTube with a referral link, whether your own work or others is considered a violation. Yet when someone uploads your work with a download link, it takes them longer to respond. They prioritize taking action against referral links before any action towards download links.

If a user or more decide to flag the videos that include a referral link; the user, the channel, and the video are all doomed. Even if your “standing” with their 3 terms is good (copyright, community guidelines, etc)

7208 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+1 more
doru says

don’t know what happened in your case but probably uploading your own videos may be allowed

http://www.youtube.com/t/terms?gl=US

section 4. General Use of the Service—Permissions and Restrictions

there is nothing clear about referrals links but at point

E: Prohibited commercial uses do not include:

they say

uploading an original video to YouTube, or maintaining an original channel on YouTube, to promote your business or artistic enterprise;

so it appears if is my video I can promote my business. (commercial use of youtube practically)

How many videos did you upload?

281 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+1 more
johnnybd says

There is no such thing as your “own” videos, or your “own” business once you are promoting Envato,Videohive (and most likely that talented Audiojungle Author) by using a referral link, you are violating their terms.

If you want, you can always Google “Youtube referral links” to see for yourself.

281 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+1 more
johnnybd says

@doru : Very hope you’re right on this one and that YouTube will prove me wrong, it seems as if this situation happend before… There’s This one That one and plenty of more…

7208 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+1 more
doru says

@doru : Very hope you’re right on this one and that YouTube will prove me wrong, it seems as if this situation happend before… There’s This one That one and plenty of more…

I was curios how many videos did you upload and in what time frame.

25 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Pakistan
creativeflux says

Make a website. Refer your youtube viewers to the site or the specific page ( item ) now you’re connecting your viewers to your own website. In your website or item page mention your referral link. Hopefully youtube will not consider it spam!

490 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Slovakia
+1 more
DoubleX says

I don’t believe that promoting only your own work with a referral link may lead to this. There are some VH authors who are very popular on youtube, I mean like millions of views and tens of thousands of followers, referral links everywhere and those channels are alive. If this was true, they would be probably gone long time ago.

281 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+1 more
johnnybd says

The account had videos for 3 years, It wasn’t about flooding YouTube with Videohive items just to get clicks and referrals, it was about exposing people to stuff that seemed appealing to me. (among personal work, how objective can one REALLY be? ;) ) less than 50 videos in a 3 month time period (although there were more videos that got deleted before creating it)

You can easily find some users promoting videohive items on youtube with over 4000 videos in a 1 month period – this is a clearly different case.

Still love YouTube though, honestly, to come and think of it from a reviewer point of view… Imagine you have to review 5000 flagged videos a day, as a human, what are your chances of making a mistake? falling asleep on the keyboard? BAN the account/channel of flag number 666 (just for the sake of it)

Anyways, you get the idea, hopefully they will prove me wrong :) without Adobe Exchange properly functioning and YouTube allowing referral links the self promoting game gets harder.

@DoubleX Actually there are less than 3 VH Authors who have more than a million views, perhaps only one (same goes for tens of thousands of followers)

The fact those channels are alive can also mean that no one chose to flag them yet, they too, promote other’s work such as Audiojungle authors, and the entire Envato marketplace community. Still hope that you’re closer to right on this one.

@Creativeflux thats the idea for now, although, the price of it was 80k , 544 subscribers and over 4k referrals to Videohive (out of which only a small few actually registered). If they would’ve just given me a chance to remove those referral links it would’ve been a lot easier.

by
by
by
by
by
by