17 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
mgdd says

Any DA groups to recommend? And do you promote your works on Flickr? I’ve found there some groups dedicated Envato authors :)
check out my flyers posted on DA. i’ve submitted them to more than 10 groups with a great number of members/pageviews.

Great, thank you :)

354 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
MonikaM says

At this time I can only say … devianArt used to be a great place to get exposure, but now it’s not anymore. At least not for me. I’m getting serious back-stabbing from some GR authors there. The thing is, some people are signing up to dA groups as contributors and gain the power to eliminate you or decline your submitted items. At the moment they are very busy deleting all the traces of their manipulations. I wasn’t aware of what all can people do, just to disable you for some peanuts. I know who you are and I think it’s pathetic!

951 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
Giallo says

Hey Monika happens to me too. Recently some Groups and SuperGroups have changed their rules and they don’t accept anymore payed resources, or resources wich are not DA internal.

Create your own Groups, you’ll be surprised how much they work. Unfortunately seems like the old strong Groups are denying payed resources. That’s why I suggest to create freebies every now and them, to be present also in the major Groups.

354 posts
+5 more
MonikaM says

Hey Monika happens to me too. Recently some Groups and SuperGroups have changed their rules and they don’t accept anymore payed resources, or resources wich are not DA internal.

I know, but I’m not talking about that. However, this one is pathetic too. If you ask those groups or supergroups why your items were declined, they answer it’s because they don’t accept payed resources. But at the same time they have (and still accept) stuff from GR even in their Featured folder on the front page.

Create your own Groups, you’ll be surprised how much they work. Unfortunately seems like the old strong Groups are denying payed resources. That’s why I suggest to create freebies every now and them, to be present also in the major Groups.

Well, I have some freebies on dA and somehow those same groups don’t even accept freebies from me anymore. All this have surprisingly started about at the same time when certain people have joined those groups as Contributers, and gain the power to accept or decline the submitted items. Since I know how to track this down, I’m sure their own traps will catch them in the near future.

Anyhow, I’m through with this groups and maybe even with dA. It’s not worth my time and energy.

951 posts
+10 more
Giallo says

Anyhow, I’m through with this groups and maybe even with dA. It’s not worth my time and energy.

I say this for you, DA is probably the best place to advertise yourself, after Creattica and Youtbe. Don’t surrender. I’m admin of several groups at DeviantArt, and they were mainly created by me.. even on my own Groups sometimes I get rejected, but on the big numbers, DA works.

I’m working on a platform wich will allows you to upload works on multiple Groups at one time, let’s if If I get the script on a cheap price, I’ll share it for free.

Submitting your work to 100 Groups for example, means it will enter only in the 50-60% of them, for various reasons. 90/100% if your work is art or freebie.

354 posts
+5 more
MonikaM says

Thanks Giallo. Surrender is a bit too strong a word. I’d rather say, that I don’t like to waste my valuable time for peanuts, that’s all. As I said, it’s not only the issue with groups. Main problem is a flood of immoral, egoistic and greedy people all around, not only on deviantArt. And I see even much bigger problem in the system, which is obviously allowing and supporting all this.

3723 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Moderator says

Here are some of my Google stats for an arts website of mine. As you can see, Deviantart is a top referrer, but also results in higher pageviews per visit and a longer period of time on the site than referrals from Facebook & Google (other artists, more interested etc):

hires: http://cl.ly/2t1X160Z0N0Z1M1n3b0o/o

951 posts
+10 more
Giallo says

Thanks a lot for sharing Q&E ;)

@Monika well this is the World we living.. I don’t like it at all, but I prefer to work this way than with clients. At least I can blame myself for failing…

The people you talk about will always succeed more than people who are not egoistic: if you are sure about yourself, even if you’re a scumbag, and you communicate this, you’ll always succeed more. We’re animals after all, the ones who scream louder have more attention.

Good luck with your files!!

354 posts
+5 more
MonikaM says

The people you talk about will always succeed more than people who are not egoistic: if you are sure about yourself, even if you’re a scumbag, and you communicate this, you’ll always succeed more. We’re animals after all, the ones who scream louder have more attention.

Giallo, you’re right about that. However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being confident about yourself, but very wrong with being confident and a scumbag at the same time. I would call this combination a disorder damaging to society. As I said before, if the system would not allow and support that kind of behavior, everything would be different, better. I know this marketplace was at first a great place to be, now it’s not anymore, because some people think they can do whatever they want.

On the other side, luckily there’s still a lot of people here, who’s work and character is outstanding. But, for how long? When bad reputation comes around, it’s already too late.

354 posts
+5 more
MonikaM says

By the way, not to confuse anyone about deviantArt. I only write about my own and recent experiences. I’ve never said it’s bad for everyone. I’m sure it’s great for your exposure, especially if your products aren’t a threat to your competition. And without a doubt, it is an awesome exposure for those, who thinks a back-stabbing is an act of love.

by
by
by
by
by
by