205 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
TJMusic says

Just recently I made a mistake, submitting new files to the existing track without updating the description ahead. I’ve added a looped version, but the same problem applies to adding a new format, like adding MP3 version to the item that had only WAV format before.

My concern is, that the description is updated immediately, before the file submission is reviewed. I wouldn’t like to mislead my buyers, promising them the format/version that is not yet accepted. How should I properly deal with this problem, as it’s clear that reviewers require the item description to be updated immediately when sending the new files?

Any advices would be welcome :)

31 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
ArtMusic4life says

After reviewing your file, you will receive a letter listing all the mistakes that you made and you’ll have to fix it and send it for review.

205 posts
+3 more
TJMusic says

This is not what I was asking about.

I’m asking about the file that exists in the marketplace for long time, but I’m adding a new file format or a looped version. Such update is reviewed very quickly, but still, there is a few hour time when my description is not fitting the actual files. This is a bit of concern I’m worried about.

thesensercomplex
thesensercomplex Recent Posts Threads Started
493 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
thesensercomplex says

Why not just wait for the file approval, then add in the description afterwards, since description changes are immediate.

205 posts
+3 more
TJMusic says

Why not just wait for the file approval, then add in the description afterwards, since description changes are immediate.

I tried this way first, but yesterday my update got soft rejected because of that :) So I had to update the description before getting the file change accepted. Today I’ve updated another item, with description updated right after uploading the updated zip, but before submitting zip file update for the review. In fact, uploading the zip file takes longer than reviewing the update XD But still I wondered if it is right to change the item description first, promising the buyers something that hasn’t been accepted yet.

1140 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Switzerland
+8 more
SonicCube says

Try to write a short note the the reviewer, explaining that you will immediately update your file description after approvement.

by
by
by
by
by
by