20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
GameViewPoint says

Are there any property themes (like this one http://themeforest.net/item/realia-responsive-real-estate-wordpress-theme/4789838 ) that have plug ins for UK property sites? all the ones on here seem American based.

3862 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
charlie4282 says

What do you mean ‘UK sites’?

You just customise the posts/listing/properties to UK addresses

If in doubt ask the author if it can handle UK addresses but it seems like it would

20 posts
GameViewPoint says

No I mean, a lot of these sites come with a plug in ( sIDXpress IDX Plugin support ), which allows to import properties from the American property website, I was wondering if the same exists for UK property sites, to import properties from them into the site?

3862 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
+1 more
charlie4282 says

Given that is usually just an API setting I would ask the author it may well still be possible BUT I know for a fact that several (including a few of the biggest) property site sin the UK require express permission for your site to be able to aggregate their listings etc. so you might want to look at that first too.

110 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
themespirit says

Hi GameViewPoint,

Being in the same boat recently for a client, I understand your pain.

Yes, the property themes on TF are great, but as you say aren’t aimed at the UK property market. Certainly not if you (or your client) are looking to (or already do) aggregate their properties to Rightmove, Zoopla etc.

Most UK estate agents are also already using the Vebra property system, where they put their property details into and Vebra then sends those details to Rightmove and the others (accounts with all these systems and sites are required of course).

I found a couple of solutions during my research, for those using Vebra and for those not using it. Neither of which are perfect or particularly easy.

For those NOT wanting to use Vebra you can use a WP plugin combination of ‘WP-Property’ and ‘WP-Property – BLM Export’.

With this option you will be creating the properties on your own WP site using the WP-Property plugin and then setting up the BLM Export to export the details to Rightmove etc.

The option for those who ARE USING Vebra (like my client) I’ve been using the brilliant ‘WP All Import’ plugin with the ACF extension, and other plugins including ACF (Advanced Custom Fields) obviously.

Neither option is 100% perfect, but if you are looking at using WP unfortunately there aren’t too many options for the UK market.

Let me know if you want to know any more info.

20 posts
GameViewPoint says

Hi GameViewPoint,

Being in the same boat recently for a client, I understand your pain.

Yes, the property themes on TF are great, but as you say aren’t aimed at the UK property market. Certainly not if you (or your client) are looking to (or already do) aggregate their properties to Rightmove, Zoopla etc.

Most UK estate agents are also already using the Vebra property system, where they put their property details into and Vebra then sends those details to Rightmove and the others (accounts with all these systems and sites are required of course).

I found a couple of solutions during my research, for those using Vebra and for those not using it. Neither of which are perfect or particularly easy.

For those NOT wanting to use Vebra you can use a WP plugin combination of ‘WP-Property’ and ‘WP-Property – BLM Export’.

With this option you will be creating the properties on your own WP site using the WP-Property plugin and then setting up the BLM Export to export the details to Rightmove etc.

The option for those who ARE USING Vebra (like my client) I’ve been using the brilliant ‘WP All Import’ plugin with the ACF extension, and other plugins including ACF (Advanced Custom Fields) obviously.

Neither option is 100% perfect, but if you are looking at using WP unfortunately there aren’t too many options for the UK market.

Let me know if you want to know any more info.

Thanks, that’s useful info. It seems there’s no straightforward method then of just importing properties from right move, zoopla then.

by
by
by
by
by
by