266 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
DigitalHenry says
If I see someone with a really nice or interesting avatar I will go to their profile and quickly look at their stuff… so for me yes, it does make a difference :)

+1

26 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
revive says
If I see someone with a really nice or interesting avatar I will go to their profile and quickly look at their stuff… so for me yes, it does make a difference :)

I’ve got to agree with CreativeStable,.. although ‘most’ of the time I’m paying attention to the Authors work, if they have an awful or very unflattering DP, then.. it might make them look a bit rookie. Sorry. But, when you make a theme.. or create a profile.. just be you, or use an avatar. Don’t put some cheesy, weekend-camera-photo-shoot image of you with a fake-james-bond-smile.. it just looks bad. Hope this doesn’t sound rude, but I laugh every time I come across one of the authors themes on here, because he always has this cheesy shot of himself.. I obviously went to the item because his work drew me there. However, once there, his photos are making second guess whether this guy is serious, thinks too much of himself.. or maybe just has a killer sense of humor that doesn’t come across well with a photo.. hard to day. Obviously without knowing the guy, or girl, it’s hard to say.. but it can place doubt in someones mind about your ‘maturity’. :)

But hey, don’t take it from me.. lol.. I’m probably one of the goofiest guys on here,.. and try to laugh at life the whole day through :D FWIW

by
by
by
by
by
by