• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Community Moderator
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+6 more
Reaper-Media Volunteer moderator says
Ok folks I think he gets the point. I don’t really see the need for everyone to keep chipping in with their clever remarks. Regardless, this could well be a potential buyer and as per usual the ‘community’ is doing a smashing job of alienating that person. Come on folks, get back to work :P

+1 I think you guys get a little bit too defensive a little bit too quickly! All you have to do is speak to the potential client rationally explaining the situation, don’t throw abuse at him / her! ;)

@tsafi: dude, I charge, no matter who it is I charge, it might not be as much money as what you charge, but I never work for free! I even charged my aunty and dad for doing their websites :D LOL

614 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Austria
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+4 more
Kriesi says
“I got a better Idea, I put some stickers from your company onto that ferrari and you give it to me for free. what do you think? thats great advertising!”
You should watch the F1 races and then reconsidder that example ;) It’s a nice analogy, but it misses its target completely :D

Of yourse, you can get sponsoring if you are famous enough, be it in F1, basketbal, football etc

But thats not the case here. What we got here is a normal Business to Consumer relationship and in such a case the analogy is suitable.

But if you want exchange ferrari with fries, 300.000 with 3 and instead of putting the sticker onto the car you could offer to tell your family how great the fries tasted, maybe they come and buy some as well! ;D

14 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Czech Republic
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
Balron says

I don’t understand, why some people have to be so aggressive. You don’t have to reply, when you are not interested.

I am sure, there are many ‘young’ designers, who are building their portfolios by making some templates and selling them here. Some of these might be also interested in such job. Reputation is valuable thing to have next to cash.

4335 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Community Moderator
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+6 more
Reaper-Media Volunteer moderator says

For some reason this thread has been moved over to themeForest, no body bother to reply asking “why is this thread on themeforest regarding a flash site?” I’ve pointed out it’s been moved.

Now it would be good if any further posts were on a more serious note with either propositions or suggestions, no sarcasm please :) Thanks.

by
by
by
by
by
by