• Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Australia
3Ddym says

Hi Ebrahim,
How can we remove torrents? I sent them DMCA notices but it still there.

Hey 3Ddym!

Some websites containing torrents have their own abuse contact form to report illegal content but we can’t be sure if they will take it down, these are slightly different, they create a ‘Report Abuse’ section just to look like they comply with copyright rules. If sending a DMCA to the website itself don’t work, then try finding the hosting company and issue a DMCA to that specific company.

If after the above you are still short of options, you can at least try to remove the links of those torrents from Google Web Search, so people won’t find illegal results of your work via Google search. We published a guide to do so, find it via the following link: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/536/

I hope that helps!

Thanks for your question 3Ddym!

Thanks Ebrahim I will try this..

191 posts Test Subject at Aperture Science
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+3 more
Ibby Staff says

I would just like to know about the changes regarding to statistics of the sales, in an utopic condition where “pirates” simply do not exist.
I think it would be hypnotizing…

Please Envato, do best you can about this.
Thanks very much.

Hey Bedros!

Unfortunately I do not have access to those stats, but it would be interesting to know that :D

We are doing our best, it’s impossible to take control over all the illegal content on the Internet but we are constantly sending DMCAs and gathering as much information as possible in order to send more effective DMCAs that take down content on the first try. Now we are publishing part of that information because we believe you guys must know how to do this too and of course your help is needed and appreciated to fight these websites.

Cheers!

• Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
Ibby Staff says

Hi Ebrahim,
How can we remove torrents? I sent them DMCA notices but it still there.

Hey 3Ddym!

Some websites containing torrents have their own abuse contact form to report illegal content but we can’t be sure if they will take it down, these are slightly different, they create a ‘Report Abuse’ section just to look like they comply with copyright rules. If sending a DMCA to the website itself don’t work, then try finding the hosting company and issue a DMCA to that specific company.

If after the above you are still short of options, you can at least try to remove the links of those torrents from Google Web Search, so people won’t find illegal results of your work via Google search. We published a guide to do so, find it via the following link: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/536/

I hope that helps!

Thanks for your question 3Ddym!
Thanks Ebrahim I will try this..

My pleasure! Just let me know if you have any questions, I’m happy to help!

Cheers!

1257 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

This is what I’ve done myself, “How I’ve Killed Pirate Sites that Take Paypal” tip; (this is not advice; this is just to let you know what I’ve done myself personally)

I’ve gone after pirate sites successfully/killed their paypal accounts, by:

a) sending DMCA

b) if DMCA is not responded to/links removed, then I

c) go through the order process w/anonymous info entered as though I were going to order, to look at what their paypal account email is; it shows that, like “confirm payment $40 to (their email account that’s tied to paypal)

d) screencap all that/save to pdf (including the place on their site with your content that they pirated/are trying to resell illegal copies of)

e) file infringement report here w/pdf infringement proof:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/infringementrpt-full

disclaimer: That may or may not be an appropriate way for you to proceed, but it’s worked for me personally.

-k

14 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
Splendous says

As I’ve experienced before, sending DMCA report directly to the Hosting/Service provider works best, most of the times! Try to find the actual provider, if its on some reseller hosting type company.

Sending DMCA reports to the Google/Search Engines, too helps black list them the domains- thus you can increase the possibility to lower the number of repetition of new links being pop from same site!

Fact is, the bigger the hosting company the bigger the pressure goes to the Site owners- if they both are involved in the crappy biz its the opposite. Reporting to the Search engines helps in longer terms- though not so visible effect that is for shorter period.

1468 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Bedros says

This is what I’ve done myself, “How I’ve Killed Pirate Sites that Take Paypal” tip; (this is not advice; this is just to let you know what I’ve done myself personally)

I’ve gone after pirate sites successfully/killed their paypal accounts, by:

a) sending DMCA

b) if DMCA is not responded to/links removed, then I

c) go through the order process w/anonymous info entered as though I were going to order, to look at what their paypal account email is; it shows that, like “confirm payment $40 to (their email account that’s tied to paypal)

d) screencap all that/save to pdf (including the place on their site with your content that they pirated/are trying to resell illegal copies of)

e) file infringement report here w/pdf infringement proof:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/infringementrpt-full

disclaimer: That may or may not be an appropriate way for you to proceed, but it’s worked for me personally.

-k

+1 thanks!

96 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Spain
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
PrismaDesign says

Thank you very much Ibrahim! All information regarding this issue is more than welcome. In fact I didn’t know about “How to remove pirated items from Google search”, so it has been very instructive.

Thanks again and regards ;)

• Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
Ibby Staff says

Thank you very much Ibrahim! All information regarding this issue is more than welcome. In fact I didn’t know about “How to remove pirated items from Google search”, so it has been very instructive. Thanks again and regards ;)

Hi PrismaDesign,

You are very welcome! We really want that people from Envato community have as much information as possible regarding this subject, if we find more valuable information or tips we’ll keep updating our guides.

By the way, I see that you are from Barcelona, we should have a local meetup someday, I live in Terrassa and usually go to Barcelona downtown on the weekends. :)

Cheers!

189 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
+6 more
Crusader12 Reviewer says

Pirates are out there. I just wanted to share a company – DMCA Pro – that I use to take care of takedowns for me. As soon as I added them for 1 item I saw my sales increase (sad but true). As authors it is something we definitely need to be aware of and sometimes the amount of time involved with sending out DMCAs for a single product can be a hassle.

<this message is from an author>

• Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
Ibby Staff says

Pirates are out there. I just wanted to share a company – DMCA Pro – that I use to take care of takedowns for me. As soon as I added them for 1 item I saw my sales increase (sad but true). As authors it is something we definitely need to be aware of and sometimes the amount of time involved with sending out DMCAs for a single product can be a hassle. <this message is from an author>

Hi Crusader12,

Thanks for letting us know about this service. I’ll add it to the guide of tools and applications we have created via the following link: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/533/

Cheers!

by
by
by
by
by
by