24 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
zzap says

Hello everyone, I have a question(s) for authors, mainly PSD Templates authors because of requirements nature for PSD templates. I’ve been reading forum and found similar topics but they are a couple of years old so I was wondering how you do it today. I’m quite new here and my first thought, when registering, was “Hey, I could make some extra money. Nice!”, but then I’ve met my first rejection, then second, third…you get the picture. These rejections have great consequences – I’m learning a lot and really fast (I guess most of you have been there). So I came to a stage when it’s not about the money any more, I really want to learn and I want to know it all.

Problem is, I’m not a professional designer (reviewers know just how much I’m not :bashfulcute: ), and I feel there’s a huge mess in my creating process. I’m a professional classical musician so I’m aware how much discipline and math is included in creating art, but I can’t hold on to it in Photoshop. Sometimes I get the idea from a single web element and then build on that but when I’m done I realise that exact element doesn’t fit in such design. Sometimes, the idea is overall design layout and purpose but somewhere in the process I get stuck with details and completely ruin either layout or purpose (or both). I’ve even tried to get the basic layout first (you know, black text on white background) and then to work on colours, styles, textures etc., but I can’t wait to finish layout so I include some colour here, style there and then the layout doesn’t fit any more… It can get frustrating with frequent conclusions that I’m not able to do this. Only my stubbornness still keeps me here.

So, how you do it? Do you have some winning procedure or is it flowing with inspiration? Do you have your “default” measures (like paddings, font sizes, line heights etc)? Do you know how your graphics will look like from the beginning or it’s something that comes out from improvising and combining styles and filters?

Thank you for taking time to read this and, perhaps, answer my questions,

zzap

277 posts mekshq.com
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
meks says

Yo zzap.

If you work hard you will learn to build your own process of creating stuff.

Sometimes you can draw on paper, and sometimes you just start your own PSD file.

There is no secret :D

It’s simple – quantity creates quality.

Cheers !

814 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
rvision_ says
zzap said
...I’m a professional classical musician…

Maybe you should try to make some tunes for the audiojungle? ;)

24 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
zzap says

Hi guys, thanks for replies (kind of weird to talk to fellows Serbians in English :bigsmile: )

@meks – I do realise it’s a matter of practice and experience to get your own creating habits, I’m not asking for recipes or formula, just to see how people think trough their creation processes. Maybe I find interesting aspects and perspectives to think about.

rvision_ said
zzap said
...I’m a professional classical musician…
Maybe you should try to make some tunes for the audiojungle? ;)

Oh, hmm…well, I’m afraid it would be too much audio for me. I work as opera prompter which is heavy audio impact on my brain. I have to give 100% concentration to listen every note made by orchestra, choir and soloists. Trust me, when I get home, I need silence.

Thanks again for your replies, I hope to get some more :)

2214 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
crozer says

Practice. No magic, no secret key.

690 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
graphcoder says

ok… ill just jump in real quick to try and provide some real quick suggies.

get 12-15 rejections more… and read the feedback of the reviewers carefully each and every time. compare the feedbacks and problems and then compare it to your submission.by this time you will get pro for sure… seriously.. it works…

all the best.

by
by
by
by
by
by