284 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Shellbot says

So I’m not yet a TF author, I’m actually finishing up my first WP theme at the moment and hopefully it’ll be accepted. Once that’s over and done with, I’m thinking about next polishing up a design I have hanging around and trying to get into the PSD category.

Now, I know the PSD category has really high standards and I’m not really bothered about that. If I get accepted, great, if I don’t I can fix the problems or give it away free. What I am bothered about is whether selling PSDs is a hassle.

I’m sure we’ve all seen those comments from buyers who made a mistake and bought a PSD instead of a coded version and are now confused, or even worse rate your item badly because of it. In your experience, do you tend to see many confused buyers like that or see a lot of refund requests?

Are there any other downsides to selling in the PSD category, other than the slower sales and the higher standards?

I’m just curious to see whether it’s considered a worthwhile category or if the downsides outweigh the sales, really.

Cheers, and wish me luck with the WP theme!

214 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
agusmu says

adding PSD files to your WP Theme package as bonus is the best way… ;)

63 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
DMThemes says

I have one file in PSD category, actually very very popular one and it earns around $250 p/month. I think realistic numbers many other themes would be around $50 p/month so it’s not worth the efforts.

PS. even very popular themes from PSD category doen’t sell well when converted to WP, so don’t even think about PSD category when you create for WP :)

1734 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

With 100+ purchases on my PSD theme, I’ve never had confused buyers who thought it’s something different than a PSD template.

Confusing a site template with a WP theme is a much encountered situation.

Hapy sales! :)

Boris

by
by
by
by
by
by