41 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Located in Sweden
+2 more
JohanGren says

Hi all,

I am in between projects at the moment so I figured I would upload some designs to the PSD Category. However I have some questions about dummy content. What does the reviewers prefer in terms of dummy content. Some use random images and copy as if it was a wordpress theme (pages, shortcodes etc.) and some use a fictional company with images and copy connected to the company. Some mix everything. It would be great if someone could share some light over this.

Thanks alot!

639 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

I think you should use images which make look the site as beautiful and cool as possible.

The better it looks, the more sales you’ll get.

382 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
pixelgrade says

When you will upload the psd you will be asked to not have any images on it (just placeholders). But for demo purpose you should imagine a real situation with all the logo, images and copyright text.

41 posts
  • Located in Sweden
+2 more
JohanGren says

I think you should use images which make look the site as beautiful and cool as possible. The better it looks, the more sales you’ll get.

But what about copy? Say for instance I would design a template for a investment bank, should I then use copy connected to the financial industry or copy connected to the psd like “Get this multipurpose psd today”? I see authors mix this up alot but what does the reviewers prefer?

639 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

I think you should use images which make look the site as beautiful and cool as possible. The better it looks, the more sales you’ll get.
But what about copy? Say for instance I would design a template for a investment bank, should I then use copy connected to the financial industry or copy connected to the psd like “Get this multipurpose psd today”? I see authors mix this up alot but what does the reviewers prefer?

I think most of the templates just use some lorem ipsum dummy content. And indeed some big titles refering to the theme itself. So a big title saying “Get this theme today” would be good.

But in the end the content doesn’t really matter, only if it looks good. Especially since it’s a multipurpose design they won’t have a look at what the content is actually saying.

41 posts
  • Located in Sweden
+2 more
JohanGren says

I think most of the templates just use some lorem ipsum dummy content. And indeed some big titles refering to the theme itself. So a big title saying “Get this theme today” would be good.

But in the end the content doesn’t really matter, only if it looks good. Especially since it’s a multipurpose design they won’t have a look at what the content is actually saying.

Great, thanks alot for you input!

954 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
aleluja says

And of course, with commercial licence for preview only.

by
by
by
by
by
by