63 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
IWDstudios says

I just bought a theme and it did not come with any psd’s at all. I have asked the author 3 times for the psd. I think that all themes purchased should come with the psd file. How can you make any custom changes to fit your needs without it?

Am I wrong in insisting that by rule all submissions should include the psd and if it doesn’t then it gets rejected?

As a customer and author I am very irritated that I cannot proceed with any work because there is no psd file.

738 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in United States
Jar says

All templates say whether or not they come with a PSD template; I’m guessing after looking again it says it doesn’t come with one.

16 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
dwoolf says

Not everyone has photoshop or likes to create a psd design.

Personally, I do some sketching and then just start coding.

If themeforest required psd files I would probably just stop selling here.

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says
I just bought a theme and it did not come with any psd’s at all. I have asked the author 3 times for the psd. I think that all themes purchased should come with the psd file. How can you make any custom changes to fit your needs without it?

Am I wrong in insisting that by rule all submissions should include the psd and if it doesn’t then it gets rejected?

As a customer and author I am very irritated that I cannot proceed with any work because there is no psd file.

Including the PSD is not required but is specified on the item details page. If the theme states that it includes a PSD , please let the support staff know so the issue can be corrected.

My personal opinion is that items shouldn’t be required to include a PSD . Customization of themes and templates can easily be done without the original PSD , although it is nice to have.

1389 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Pdesignx says

i think it’s your fault.. in every item page on the left side you can see what kind of files does that item include. since you don’t see any PSD icon there, you should not buy it… there is nothing to do with it…

authors usually prefer to release their psd layout of the template in GR… they can not be forced to give away their psd layout along with the tempalte… if you are not fine with this do not buy it… nobody forces you to buy it right?

and remember that just by paying $30, you dont get author as slave.. you cant make them do what ever you want… to get such a design from an agency or a freelancer you have to pay at least $750-$1000.. and whole site for $2000-$3000

so $30-$40 is way much cheap already, it’s meaningless for you to complain about the product… this is what you can have for $30…

you are buying this $30 template and modifiying it easily and selling it to a client for $750-$800. is that fair? is an author complaining about it? you earn money using their work so please give some respect!!!!

629 posts
+2 more
VagrantRadio says
i think it’s your fault.. in every item page on the left side you can see what kind of files does that item include. since you don’t see any PSD icon there, you should not buy it… there is nothing to do with it…

authors usually prefer to release their psd layout of the template in GR… they can not be forced to give away their psd layout along with the tempalte… if you are not fine with this do not buy it… nobody forces you to buy it right?

and remember that just by paying $30, you dont get author as slave.. you cant make them do what ever you want… to get such a design from an agency or a freelancer you have to pay at least $750-$1000.. and whole site for $2000-$3000

so $30-$40 is way much cheap already, it’s meaningless for you to complain about the product… this is what you can have for $30…

you are buying this $30 template and modifiying it easily and selling it to a client for $750-$800. is that fair? is an author complaining about it? you earn money using their work so please give some respect!!!!

+1

Read before you buy.

2324 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

please dont forget that there are themes here that dont have a PSD because the designs are mostly plain css.

814 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says

+1

Read before you buy.

+1

444 posts Don't be a HATER!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
webinpixels says

+1

Read before you buy.

Absolutely agree with this one +1000

63 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
IWDstudios says

no, I am not buying and re selling for 7 or 8 hundred. That would make me fake and I don’t like that idea.

I ask for a psd because when the client asks for a color change on the graphic, it is a lot easier and a huge time savor to include the psd.

You are right though. In the future I will just not be a customer to those authors that don’t include the psd file.

Nobody said I wanted a slave in the author. Try not to make the post into something it isn’t when you respond. I was just asking an innocent question. The author said he would supply the psd to those who ask and he never did. I will never purchase a theme from this author again. I for one just think it is bad business to provide bad customer service. You are correct, they have that right and I have the right to not spend my money on them.

It is funny though. I have purchased the same theme from another author 2 times. It’s a church theme. This guy has gone above and beyond the call of duty in customer service. He even has his own forums set up specifically for support of his themes. His customer service is wonderful and I will be a happy customer of his every time I get to do a new church.

by
by
by
by
by
by