338 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
vishnusathyan says

I have noticed that a recently accepted psd was priced $13 when the best selling psds are just $12.

I am not trying to make a fight with anyone. I just want to know why.

153 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+1 more
ThemeToast says

The reviewers place a price on an item based on what it offers/features.

They have no way of knowing what’s going to be a better seller, I’m guessing.

338 posts
+1 more
vishnusathyan says

So the items with more than 100psds offer less features compared with items of 12 psds?

that doesn’t sound right @themetoast

380 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
QBKL says

Quantity != Quality

You can cram up 10 features in different orders in 100 PSD’s, or deliver the same 10 features in 1 or 2 PSD’s with the best possible arrangement, offering a good visual guideline and a starting point. First option won’t be better by default. It would only be a “marketing gimmick” to display versatility to less-savvy potential customers, and that doesn’t really need to add to the price.

In a lot of cases, “best-selling” on TF means “how many features”, not necessarily the quality of execution or the sense they make in a project. Unlike customers’ choice, the pricing also accounts for things like file organization, design cohesion and so on, some of them being “features” that customers have access to only after they’ve downloaded the PSD file, yet the reviewers get to see them first hand and apply the pricing based on all these factors.

PS: Also, for God’s sake, it’s $13 versus $12, not $24 vs. $12. It’s ONE DOLLAR, no need to panic about it. ;)

338 posts
+1 more
vishnusathyan says

Just like other authors i too very well am aware that the quality is not equal to the quantity.

well and it is not about the 1usd, but it is about how tf values our items.

then tell me one thing that there are so many other single page psds which are really creative than the 13usd items..and why they aren’t priced 13 or above?

147 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
tansh says
539 posts Dream big
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Has referred 50+ members
+4 more
pixel-industry says

As I can see that PSD you are talking about has custom made icons and really unique layout – purpose also, somethng that hasn’t been seen so far. I think it deserves this price, but it’s true that there are a lot of other items that deserves it too.

338 posts
+1 more
vishnusathyan says

Well that’s what i am talking about. If that particular item costs 13, there are other items which deserves the same price.

again: this isn’t a fight about that item..i like it a lot personally :)

380 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
QBKL says

“there are other items which deserves the same price”

See, that right there is a completely subjective statement. Each person puts their own value on creativity and creativity means a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

The reviewer might not have the same opinion with you, and there’s not creativity check list that you can review or price an item after. You can price it objectively on technical terms, but the reviewer will also have their own subjective influence on the template’s pricing / approval etc.

I myself believe there are quite a bunch of $35 themes that deserve more, maybe even $55 despite not having e-commerce features or whatever else? Why? Because the creativity level on those $35 theme surpasses the one found on many $55 theme, in MY own personal opinion. But I’m not the one pricing items. Just like me, a reviewer will have their own opinion to fit into the pricing, aside from simple technical features.

636 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+5 more
Pirenko says

It is a variation of price of less than 10% and because of the relatively low values involved here I would not care too much about this. Even if the price may seem inaccurate to you ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by