136 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
ThemeShaper says

Hi, Generic rejection email :(

‘1) This is not aesthetic ready for psd template category.

2) This is more suitable for site template category and has the potential to get accepted as site template. I recommend to directly convert this into HTML /CSS and re-submit.

3) It may required some improvements before get accepted under site template.’

screenies here:

blog: http://www.themeshaper.net/themes/luxuos/promo/03_Blog.jpg

homepage variation: http://www.themeshaper.net/themes/luxuos/promo/02_HomePage_Variation_1.jpg

quite a few minor variations of the homepage as well (dropping the second header bar for example)

Any thoughts?

176 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
Denoizzed says

Why are you using breadcrumb navugation in the slider?

ackground is kinda unique, that’s good, hovewer content area is too plain, thta’s bad. Try working on content area – more details and so on.

Try coding it into HTML / CSS , PSD category is the hardest to get in.

136 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
ThemeShaper says

Hi, Thanks for your comment.

One of the variations has the breadcrumbs there, others don’t, but point taken, does look a little odd there.

I suppose the content is boring, but I haven’t filled it with images and lots of content to keep it clean, I can put more detailed stuff in if that will help tho.

I am planning to html (and wordpress) it, but I would rather get feedback now on any design issues. The rejection email really gives me nothing to go on :(

267 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
girlscancode says

They just have very high standards for psd category! I think it will work out as html/css. I don’t like the combination lines in the background and lines in the menu – it makes my eyes tired. Also, I think the green in the menu is ugly. And maybe the icons under “call us now” would need a bit more work.

Don’t give up!!!! Most of the authors here have received at least one rejection!

by
by
by
by
by
by