364 posts Onuro
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
ThemeKioken says

Well referring to the competitors as theme sale sites, their rates suck worst for the author.

You know what I use TF for? The place where can generate $ from my declined works for clients. I have hundreds of cancelled, rejected designs from past clients that are on my hard drive left alone, and awaiting to be recycled :) TF is best for that.

364 posts Onuro
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
ThemeKioken says
Also I always feel the need to add that I’m not trying to just be negative for negativity’s sake. I really care about making ThemeForest a better community, for buyers and sellers. It just feels like there are too many people here for a quick buck instead of quality design.

Oh I totally agree with that and would add that I would never ever create anything from scratch that is amazing quality with these rates. All I have at the moment are my past work leftovers.

But then again, TF is unique about many things and it will take time for us to get used to I think =)

I’ve got to say by the way, you deserve to be pessimistic about the rates. Your works kick ass!

171 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
clarklab says

Oh I totally agree with that and would add that I would never ever create anything from scratch that is amazing quality with these rates.

I know what you mean, when they announced the PSD category I was like ‘heyyy alright! somewhere for my unfinished or rejected designs to go’

I just wish that wasn’t how the site was used. I wish there was a place where it was fruitful to sell high quality designs from scratch.

323 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+5 more
shadow66142000 says

I agree with most of what’s being said but the issue is still that the prices are way to close. The best plan, I can think of, at the moment is to put up a PSD and if it does well code it out as a HTML template. But why do an HTML template with a PSD for either the same price or a few bucks more than just the PSD ?

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Philmaster says

I got an HTML design rejected since a PSD -design was to similar.

My fear with TF is that since making PSD -design takes a fraction of the time making an HTML -design, and at the same time are the prizes are too close. The PSDs will increase much faster and after some time not many HTML -design will be accepted since the designs will be “taken” by PSDs.

Then TF won´t be a great place to buy or sell HTML -themes.

323 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+5 more
shadow66142000 says

@Philmaster – Is this your PSD or someone else?

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Philmaster says

This particular PSD was made by antother one. It wasn´t a look-alike but had some similarities. Seams like the level of uniqueness has really been raised.

1435 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

This is the problem that I was worry about before the PSD category launched.

1 question, do the buyer of my PSD file can convert it into html or other cms and resell here?

1435 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says
I agree with most of what’s being said but the issue is still that the prices are way to close. The best plan, I can think of, at the moment is to put up a PSD and if it does well code it out as a HTML template. But why do an HTML template with a PSD for either the same price or a few bucks more than just the PSD ?

Agreed!

by
by
by
by
by
by