I’ve got this message from reviewers:
Its a good start, good concept. However, the design is lack of details and the aesthetic quality is not good enough to execute the idea.
Typography, graphics and overall design need improvements. Currently, it is still ‘weak’ to stand as a premium psd template.
Perhaps, you should directly convert this into a coded template.
The main menu is a nice touch but typography need refinement. The sidebar, 4 images and the page navigation (numbers) seems plain and incomplete. Same goes to the footer.The subpages are too generic.
So I made some changes to typography in header, navigation and footer.
I added some images to footer as well as partners logos to fill empty space.
I have also added 404 sub page because I had no idea what other subpages might anyone want to have. It turned out that it is still not enough. Maybe anyone can help me with that?
The changes are not enough. When a change is requested it should be significant enough to change the look and feel of the site. Changing a few elements does not change the visual inconsistencies in your design.
1. Additionally, the footer will need improvements in alignment, typography and overall aesthetics.If you’re unsure how to proceed and need further feedback, you might consider asking for input from other community members and designers via our forums. http://themeforest.net/forums
Now the question is what is not aligned in footer? Everything is pixel perfect aligned to grid.
It looks good but you’ll need to work on typo more. Here’s my suggestions: Try to
- remove the partner logos.
- work a little bit on the slider text and the area
- spacing issue between the texts ( especially on the footer section, try to use line-height:xx option )
- shorten the texts (sed sollicitudin …. /upper size of the text “29.99”/)
- work on the about area, photos and the text (footer)
- category text area
Hope this helps.