84 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
sunlifter says
Hello everyone, I have little problem with psd template I made recently. I wanted it to be my first wordpress page on themeforest, but as we can see I have problem even with .psd :)
I’ve got this message from reviewers:
First:
Its a good start, good concept. However, the design is lack of details and the aesthetic quality is not good enough to execute the idea.

Typography, graphics and overall design need improvements. Currently, it is still ‘weak’ to stand as a premium psd template.

Perhaps, you should directly convert this into a coded template.

The main menu is a nice touch but typography need refinement. The sidebar, 4 images and the page navigation (numbers) seems plain and incomplete. Same goes to the footer.

The subpages are too generic.

So I made some changes to typography in header, navigation and footer.
I added some images to footer as well as partners logos to fill empty space.
I have also added 404 sub page because I had no idea what other subpages might anyone want to have. It turned out that it is still not enough. Maybe anyone can help me with that?

I submitted template once again and got soft rejected once again, now with this message:
The changes are not enough. When a change is requested it should be significant enough to change the look and feel of the site. Changing a few elements does not change the visual inconsistencies in your design.

1. Additionally, the footer will need improvements in alignment, typography and overall aesthetics.

If you’re unsure how to proceed and need further feedback, you might consider asking for input from other community members and designers via our forums. http://themeforest.net/forums

Now the question is what is not aligned in footer? Everything is pixel perfect aligned to grid.

Front Page
Magazine style posts
Full width images blog list
Mosaic style blog list
No-images blog list
Single page

Thanks!

184 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
ki-themes says

Hi there.

It looks good but you’ll need to work on typo more. Here’s my suggestions: Try to
- remove the partner logos.
- work a little bit on the slider text and the area
- spacing issue between the texts ( especially on the footer section, try to use line-height:xx option )
- shorten the texts (sed sollicitudin …. /upper size of the text “29.99”/)
- work on the about area, photos and the text (footer)
- category text area

Hope this helps.

Regards.
Yigit

84 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
sunlifter says

Thank You very much. This helped, and now my theme was approved.
Thanks!

by
by
by
by
by
by