21 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Vustom says

Hi, In a few days I’ll be submitting my first Envato file to themeforest, It will be a PSD Template, I have a few questions that i would like to ask.

1. Does my .PSD Template need to have a Wireframe/360 Grid kind of thing? (Blue lines)

2. Along with the .PSD file in the .zip, Will i need to include a readme file (If so, what do i need to include?)

3. I’ve had a quick look at the PSD Template section, all of the PSD Templates that I’ve had a look at have 3+ different pages, Do i need to do the same for my PSD Template or can i just do 1 or 2 pages?

4. Has anyone ever noticed that, designing PSD templates is just so much fun? (:

I think thats about it.

I also need to fix up my Envato profile page… Its so out-dated…

21 posts
  • Located in Australia
Vustom says

No help? I’m going to submit it soon…

214 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Pandemic says

1.) I don’t think it’s required but it might help it get accepted.

2.) Yeah, a README is required. Maybe include instructions on how to change the color theme, logo text, images, etc. From my experience, you pretty much have to write a README for people who have never seen a computer screen for it to get approved.

3.) More pages/options makes it more likely you’ll get accepted, but technically you could submit 1 page and it would be fine if the design is really good.

4.) Ehhhhhhhhhh

The PSD category is the hardest one, don’t be surprised if it gets rejected.

21 posts
  • Located in Australia
Vustom says

Maybe i should post a screenshot of it before i submit it? get the community feedback and all that…

If it doesn’t get accepted, I’ll move to Site Templates and try again, while giving the .PSD away for free. (:

89 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+1 more
MatthewAllen says
Maybe i should post a screenshot of it before i submit it? get the community feedback and all that… If it doesn’t get accepted, I’ll move to Site Templates and try again, while giving the .PSD away for free. (:

Yes. Post some screenshots! :)

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
PixelBin says

It would be cool if you posted some screenshots so fellow authors can CC prior to submitting because reviewers don’t usually leave specific comments as it’s not their job to do so.

21 posts
  • Located in Australia
Vustom says

I’ve got the footer and some minor touches to go. (: I should have a screenshot in a few hours, unless… i decide to go play MW2 .

21 posts
  • Located in Australia
Vustom says

Also, I’ve seen some themes using other peoples social icons, even if there allowed to be used for commercial use, is the option there to not add any credits in the description?

441 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
pixelnourish says
Also, I’ve seen some themes using other peoples social icons, even if there allowed to be used for commercial use, is the option there to not add any credits in the description?

It is sometimes a condition of using the icon set (if you have gotten it for free) that you link to where you got it from, otherwise it is either
- To demonstrate a footer/copyright info section
- There because sharing is cool

Hope that helps :)

21 posts
  • Located in Australia
Vustom says

Just finished the homepage. Its pretty… I’ll post a screenshot in a minute, Just got to upload it to Myows first, I don’t want leeches to steal my work. ):

by
by
by
by
by
by