• Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
pebas says

Hi,

Please what do you think about my design submitted to PSD category? Main idea is to bring some colors only on user interaction. In your opinion is there any chance to be approved:

http://bit.ly/LgjvyX
http://bit.ly/KaPgDK

I would really appreciate any suggestion and opinion or critic of course.

Thanks!

21 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
ReaxionGraphics says

I’m wondering if you should skip to HTML template? Logic would say it would be easier to sell to the masses if they can really dig what you are getting at and try out the concept… that’s just me!

269 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
pebas says

^ Thanks for the tip and that is quite logic and I agree. Please let me know your opinion after reading my thinking below please.

Ok template rejected:

1. Your template has a good start, unfortunately, due to our high requirements your template is not ready for the PSD template category.

2. This is more suitable in the Site Templates category and it has potential to be approved, however it may require more improvements before it’s accepted under another category.

3. Your are not providing a bad looking template, unfortunately ThemeForest’s PSD category requires higher quality in terms of aesthetics.

Actually I saw already in forum similar post and questions but main problem before start develope HTML /CSS is this point:

2. This is more suitable in the Site Templates category and it has potential to be approved, however it may require more improvements before it’s accepted under another category.

Now if I spent more time to develope HTML /CSS with design which needs more polishing I will be rejected because of design maybe. Is there anyone here with with similar experience in the past?

Maybe more sense will have to polish design first and than start coding, do not get me wrong but meaning “aesthetic” is quite wide and could be anything, from small parts to overall feel. If I convert it to look completely same will need to spent more time to polish PSD and HTML /CSS at once at the end.

Maybe answer like:

This PSD file (design), if would be good converted to HTML /CSS (site template) will be approved.

Does this have any sense, “wind in the” back to start coding?

Any advice, suggestion…?

1362 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

Actually i think this could get accepted to psd section, sometimes they just want to push you a bit more.

I suggest you work a bit more on the menu, try aligning more the logo and the nav.

icons are great but add more vertical spacing above the icons and below the text.

all together i think if you add more spacings make a template breathe more.

did u make the rest of the pages? (PSD kategorija ti je najteža katagorija, nekad zvu?i bes smisla šta oni kažu ali to ti je generic odgovor.) ;)

good luck | sretno!

269 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
pebas says

^ Thank you very much for advice and suggestion.

Also I’m afraid to send another improved version because I could be banned if I push up to often with revisions, does that have any sense? (my previous rejected previewer message had that note)

Any advice?

My plan is to make PSD home page first than if approved to submit all pages until complete website PSD approval. After that I would like to create HTML /CSS version. If that passed I would like to create WP version and complete the “circle”.

Maybe I’m crazy but this seems logic for me. If I spent time to create all at once and get rejected I will lose so much time. Hope you understand a point. (keep in mind that I’m still newbie and struggle to make first approved item)

Any opinion? Any suggestion about that? Does anyone work like that?

1362 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovenia
Anps says

I do the same way, and you wont get banned that easy don’t worry.. those notes are generic for those that really spam. when you do updates leave them a comment also about the changes you made.

269 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
pebas says

^ I submitted modified version with some changes and waiting feedback, hope will pass. Thanks!

1362 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovenia
Anps says

wish you luck

1362 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovenia
Anps says

I see it worked… congrats! (svaka cast!)

269 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
pebas says

Thanks – hvala! :)

by
by