226 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chipree says

This time it’s much better work than the previous that I’ve done.. I know i have improved.. but it’s still not good enough it seems… can anyone tell me why? i am lost! here are the screenshots of the design :

http://twitpic.com/lh8xp http://twitpic.com/lh8xr

it’s for psd template I want to make this a wordpress theme if it’s approved in design

2324 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

Add some other colers?

226 posts
+2 more
chipree says
Add some other colers?

that’s why i got rejected? the reviewer wrote in the description:

1. This is not aesthetic ready for PSD Template category. 2. The typography, visual hierarchy and content padding/spacing need improvements. 3. The overall design need a lot of improvements as well.

So the design needs a lot of improvements??? it’s really that bad? it’s not aesthetic ready? not even now? :( and The typography, visual hierarchy and content padding/spacing need improvements? :(

this is my 6’th or 7’th rejection but it’s my best work so far…

2324 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

Next time add this reviewers comment ;)

The only things that i can say is:

use margins 20px for the images

get rid of the << in the search btn

comments fields, to green, add a softer color of just white

add some more spacing in the sidebar

ad some other colors(multiple psd’s)(good for the sales)

226 posts
+2 more
chipree says

Thanks! but why only after you saw the review that you came with all these changes? :p First it was ok.. no?

60 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Located in Bolivia
+1 more
Slimmity says

i would have to say that the grediant on the top navigation dosnt realy fit that good. over all i see it way to simple, and tbh psd category is realy hard to get items aproved, i see on a daily basis ppl asking why there designs got rejected in this category. I would suggest trying to code them and see what the reviewers have to say.

226 posts
+2 more
chipree says
i would have to say that the grediant on the top navigation dosnt realy fit that good. over all i see it way to simple, and tbh psd category is realy hard to get items aproved, i see on a daily basis ppl asking why there designs got rejected in this category. I would suggest trying to code them and see what the reviewers have to say.

i started with psd because that was the whole idea: if it get’s approved it meens it’s good enough for theme forest => good enough for coding… and from the approved psd i make a theme and a wordpress theme (so there’s plenty for anyone to choose from)

1435 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says
i started with psd because that was the whole idea: if it get’s approved it meens it’s good enough for theme forest => good enough for coding… and from the approved psd i make a theme and a wordpress theme (so there’s plenty for anyone to choose from)

The requirements and standard (aesthetic quality) for site template / cms and psd is different. PSD template required template that provide uniqueness, higher quality in graphics and aesthetic, good visual hierarchy, good use of typography, professional and creative.

Regarding to your template, I think it will required more improvements ( mentioned by others above ) before you try to code it.

A template doesn’t has to be accepted as PSD template before site template. You can always submit to either of the available category.

I hope this help :)

226 posts
+2 more
chipree says

The requirements and standard (aesthetic quality) for site template / cms and psd is different. PSD template required template that provide uniqueness, higher quality in graphics and aesthetic, good visual hierarchy, good use of typography, professional and creative.

Regarding to your template, I think it will required more improvements ( mentioned by others above ) before you try to code it.

A template doesn’t has to be accepted as PSD template before site template. You can always submit to either of the available category.

just the man i was looking for! (the reviewer) Thanks so much for the reply (i also submitted a ticket.. you can delete that) So if i slice and code it like this you will accept it as a template? Also, if i make the changes stated above will it be accepted as a psd? (i really want to give customers the flexibility of choosing psd or theme or wp theme)

Cip Cip

1435 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

just the man i was looking for! (the reviewer) Thanks so much for the reply (i also submitted a ticket.. you can delete that) So if i slice and code it like this you will accept it as a template? Also, if i make the changes stated above will it be accepted as a psd? (i really want to give customers the flexibility of choosing psd or theme or wp theme)

Cip Cip

No, you can try to improve what other mentioned above and then code it. Then it may have the chance to get approved as site template.

This template will need a lot more work to improve before get approved as psd template.

What I am trying to say is, the best option for you is directly try to improve and code it.

You can always include the PSD file in the site template download so the buyer can modify the template easily.

by
by
by
by
by
by