536 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Croatia
+2 more
darius9000 says
it’s really that bad?

it’s not that bad. it is just a bit to plain for PSD theme. i’ve seen a lot nicer themes being rejected. we’ve all been in your shoes. god knows how many my templates they rejected…

don’t give up!

226 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chipree says

thanks everyone for your reply and thanks especially to kailoon for taking time to answer to this. Really appreciate it ! (btw, really nice avatar)

715 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Belgium
+1 more
Hy-Studio says
i would have to say that the grediant on the top navigation dosnt realy fit that good. over all i see it way to simple, and tbh psd category is realy hard to get items aproved, i see on a daily basis ppl asking why there designs got rejected in this category. I would suggest trying to code them and see what the reviewers have to say.
i started with psd because that was the whole idea: if it get’s approved it meens it’s good enough for theme forest => good enough for coding… and from the approved psd i make a theme and a wordpress theme (so there’s plenty for anyone to choose from)

The requirements and standard (aesthetic quality) for site template / cms and psd is different. PSD template required template that provide uniqueness, higher quality in graphics and aesthetic, good visual hierarchy, good use of typography, professional and creative.

Regarding to your template, I think it will required more improvements ( mentioned by others above ) before you try to code it.

A template doesn’t has to be accepted as PSD template before site template. You can always submit to either of the available category.

I hope this help :)

just the man i was looking for! (the reviewer) Thanks so much for the reply (i also submitted a ticket.. you can delete that) So if i slice and code it like this you will accept it as a template? Also, if i make the changes stated above will it be accepted as a psd? (i really want to give customers the flexibility of choosing psd or theme or wp theme)

Cip Cip

No, you can try to improve what other mentioned above and then code it. Then it may have the chance to get approved as site template.

This template will need a lot more work to improve before get approved as psd template.

What I am trying to say is, the best option for you is directly try to improve and code it.

You can always include the PSD file in the site template download so the buyer can modify the template easily.

just a quick question.

If I upload a PSD into the PSD Templates and the same PSD but coded in HTML in the Site Templates, there is a possibility that the file uploaded into the PSD section is rejected but the one uploaded into the Site Templates can be approved?

Just wanted to know that :)

226 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
chipree says
i would have to say that the grediant on the top navigation dosnt realy fit that good. over all i see it way to simple, and tbh psd category is realy hard to get items aproved, i see on a daily basis ppl asking why there designs got rejected in this category. I would suggest trying to code them and see what the reviewers have to say.
i started with psd because that was the whole idea: if it get’s approved it meens it’s good enough for theme forest => good enough for coding… and from the approved psd i make a theme and a wordpress theme (so there’s plenty for anyone to choose from)

The requirements and standard (aesthetic quality) for site template / cms and psd is different. PSD template required template that provide uniqueness, higher quality in graphics and aesthetic, good visual hierarchy, good use of typography, professional and creative.

Regarding to your template, I think it will required more improvements ( mentioned by others above ) before you try to code it.

A template doesn’t has to be accepted as PSD template before site template. You can always submit to either of the available category.

I hope this help :)

just the man i was looking for! (the reviewer) Thanks so much for the reply (i also submitted a ticket.. you can delete that) So if i slice and code it like this you will accept it as a template? Also, if i make the changes stated above will it be accepted as a psd? (i really want to give customers the flexibility of choosing psd or theme or wp theme)

Cip Cip

No, you can try to improve what other mentioned above and then code it. Then it may have the chance to get approved as site template.

This template will need a lot more work to improve before get approved as psd template.

What I am trying to say is, the best option for you is directly try to improve and code it.

You can always include the PSD file in the site template download so the buyer can modify the template easily.

just a quick question.

If I upload a PSD into the PSD Templates and the same PSD but coded in HTML in the Site Templates, there is a possibility that the file uploaded into the PSD section is rejected but the one uploaded into the Site Templates can be approved?

good question!
38 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
TLaude says
just a quick question.

That is correct.

1431 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says
just a quick question.

Yup.

2952 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

But if the theme is rejected in the PSD , there is a LOT of chances that it won’t sell good .. you have to be aware of that.

If it’s rejected in PSD , there is a reason and that reason may affect your sales even if its coded .. and maybe not , maybe I know nothing .. I will eat something , I’m hungry :)

1 post
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
kapsarovb says

Very useful conversation guys, many thanks for cy21 for starting this topic in first place and hope this will help designers better to sell there art! (including me… :P)

by
by
by
by
by
by