• United Kingdom
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
StencilMedia says

Howdy!

I was wondering if somebody could clear something up for me. I’ve bought a PSD template to make a one-page mockup site for a client. I know my way around Photoshop but I haven’t got the slightest clue how Wordpress themes work.

If the client wants to go ahead, then my first thought is to hire somebody to convert the site to HTML from my PSD files. I’m guessing it would be quicker to use a Wordpress theme (as the PSD template has a WP version as well), but is there any scope for customization beyond the template when it comes to WP?

i.e. say there’s three boxes down the sides for photos with icons at the bottom… would it be possible to remove one of the boxes and all of the icons…. or are are WP template WYSIWYG. In the PSD, I’ve removed a box here and there, moved stuff up/down, got rid of certain icons etc etc.

I guess it all boils down to…. if it was you, would you charge more to change a one page PSD to HTML, or to change a one page PSD to WP (if you’re also provided the theme). If that makes sense?

Thanks!

3163 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

It totally depends on the scale of cusotmisation involved. Modifying a WP theme (within reason) by removing bits and altering the layout using shortcodes or page builder sis pretty straight forward to do. At the same time if it is a simple design then converting the PSD to HTML is not awkward either.

I would look a tit more that WP is a CMS so it s easier to work with long term for both you and the client (be aware it needs updating more than HTML sites)

454 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • United Kingdom
Gareth_Gillman says

Depends on the scope of changes, and the theme you want to customise as it could be a simple job or be a right nightmare job. You need to sit down with a developer and ask if it’s possible.

Re html / WP, I always try and upsell the client to a WP site as it’s future proof for them, they can edit the website without needing to know code and changing the website design is really simple.

PSD to HTML would be more than customising a WP theme but the costs of doing either will depend on the exact requirements.

I am a UK based developer if you fancy chatting about doing the work :)

339 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
StencilMedia says

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Will probably contact the author first, but if he’s not available then I’ll give you a shout. It’s this bad boy here, just so you know…

http://themeforest.net/item/real-homes-real-estate-theme/4760422?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=suniljoshi

Thanks!

by
by
by
by
by
by