82 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
designmonstr says

I just realized that my PSD themes are not watermarked. Then I checked few other PSDs which are not watermarked as well. From what I remember PSD Previews were use to be watermarked as why would any one buy a PSD if they can just download most of the full size jpgs from themeforest.

I might be wrong, so please let me know if I am missing something. I know we can’t do our own watermark but envato use to generate watermarks automatically.

266 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

PSD templates never have been watermarked. ;)

54 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
ProteusThemes says

I see your fear, but when you want to do some serious, pixel perfect coding, you will need .psd files.

If were PSD previews watermarked, I’m almost 100% that your sales wouldn’t be any higher. Look the other way – someone who wants to buy your template is going to buy it and somebody who wants to rip it, is going to rip even though it’s watermarked.

82 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
designmonstr says

I see your fear, but when you want to do some serious, pixel perfect coding, you will need .psd files. If were PSD previews watermarked, I’m almost 100% that your sales wouldn’t be any higher. Look the other way – someone who wants to buy your template is going to buy it and somebody who wants to rip it, is going to rip even though it’s watermarked.

You have point proteusnet. Thanks a lot.

by
by
by
by
by
by