48 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Australia
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
johnsyweb Envato team says

Today we’ll be making some changes to improve the consistency of how sales and purchase counts are calculated around the Envato Marketplaces.

In a number of spots around the site, reversed sales are not subtracted from the total number of sales and purchases. Unfortunately, we missed these spots when we implemented sales reversals last year and this lead to confusion that some of our community have reported elsewhere in the forums and via our Support site.

What’s changing?

The changes we’re making will deduct reversed sales from purchase counts in the following sections of the Marketplaces:

How will this affect us?

Where sales reversals have occurred against your items, the counts in the areas listed above will decrease by the number of reversals. For the Popular- and Top- pages, this is likely to mean that items shift positions with those nearby as the reversals are applied. I’ll update this thread when all of the counters have been updated.

Who do I contact if I observe a count that is incorrect?

We believe that we have tested our changes thoroughly but are willing to admit we don’t always get it right (after all, we missed these the first time around). If you notice an issue with purchase counts let us know in this thread. If you have specific concerns about reversals and one of your items, please contact Support.

Further reading

266 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+5 more
MahmoudRafik says

my 1st error is on my profile image my feature item the sales no. is wrong it is repeated “the actual sales is 5 & i got 55.

my 2nd error is when i go from GR home page to my dashboard through clicking on my username or even on the dashboard dropdown menu i go to error page but at in other market like codecanyon or themeforest nothing went rong i click on my username & i go directly to my dashboard i face this problem at Graphicriver.

48 posts
  • Located in Australia

my 1st error is on my profile image my feature item the sales no. is wrong it is repeated “the actual sales is 5 & i got 55.

Yes… I made a boo-boo when I put in some code to pluralise the word “purchase” whereby the number gets repeated. I’m just about to deploy a fix for this.

my 2nd error is when i go from GR home page to my dashboard through clicking on my username or even on the dashboard dropdown menu i go to error page but at in other market like codecanyon or themeforest nothing went rong i click on my username & i go directly to my dashboard i face this problem at Graphicriver.

That seems to be unrelated but I’ll certainly look into this issue for you.

48 posts
  • Located in Australia

Yes… I made a boo-boo when I put in some code to pluralise the word “purchase” whereby the number gets repeated. I’m just about to deploy a fix for this.

This is fixed :-)

22 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Located in India
+2 more
Milanshah1993 says

Does Top New Author means authors who sold more in particular month?

If that so I don’t see my name in codecanyon top new authors despite making 16 sales last December.

Am I missing something?

266 posts
+5 more
MahmoudRafik says

This is fixed :smile:

Thanks a lot johnsyweb fro the quick respond. :)

48 posts
  • Located in Australia

I cannot reproduce this here.

Can you please provide details of your browser, et cetera? We’ll get this fixed for you!

266 posts
+5 more
MahmoudRafik says

I cannot reproduce this here. Can you please provide details of your browser, et cetera? We’ll get this fixed for you!

i used chrome, i make a test with firefox & everything went good the problem with google chrome.

48 posts
  • Located in Australia

Does Top New Author means authors who sold more in particular month?

“Top New Author”, means an author who published their first item in a particular month and who has made sales in that month.

For more information, please see What is the ‘Top New Authors’ list?

Hope this helps!

48 posts
  • Located in Australia

I’ll update these [sic.] thread when all of the counters have been updated.

And so I am.

Everything looks as we’d expected.

by
by
by
by
by
by