1731 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
gbs says

And quite honestly, the fact that Envato doesn’t provide receipts for individual purchases is shocking. It’s hard to believe this has never come up before.

I guess Envato thinks it’s alright with the email they sent you after payment. Now I think the only solution left for you is to open ticket to support, tweet them the ticket id @envato_support, and keep checking if any reply goes to your Spam inbox. Wish you luck, anyway.

8186 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

is the email that you get not good enough as a receipt? haven’t bought anything in a while but it details what you bought doesn’t it else what’s the point of it?

69 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
topekadesign says

is the email that you get not good enough as a receipt? haven’t bought anything in a while but it details what you bought doesn’t it else what’s the point of it?

The email they send you shows you a link to the product you bought, a link to the download page, and advertisements for other things they think you’d like. NO WHERE in the email is there anything remotely resembling a receipt with the price you paid.

I did get an email response from someone in support pointing me to the INVOICES tab which shows my deposits, but does not include receipts for the items I purchased.

101 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
PixelBook says

I did get an email response from someone in support pointing me to the INVOICES tab which shows my deposits, but does not include receipts for the items I purchased.
well, basically those are your purchases.

For example when you deposited 100$, you actually bought 100$ worth of marketplace items, and you got an invoice from Envato to prove this. What you are asking: you can’t get a second invoice for the same purchase, am I right?

3673 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

If you go to your invoices and you purchased the item DIRECTLY NOT VIA A DEPOSIT then that’s probably the closest you will get although I understand that still does not list the item itself but it is a tax invoice so it is at least the most accurate per item (assuming not bought through a larger deposit).

69 posts
  • United States
topekadesign says

@pixelbook – I have a hundred credits on RevoStock. When I buy an AE project for $29 using my credits that I pre-deposited (just like here), RevoStock sends me an email invoice showing the AE project I purchased and the price in the form of a receipt. Same with iStock, same with Shutterstock, same with Dreamstime. I can use those emailed receipts to get reimbursed from my employer. So, it’s not the same thing.

@charlie4282 – Correct, if you buy something direct and not using your deposited credit, then you can get an invoice. But that means I have to pay a higher price just to get a receipt and I have to use my PP or CC and not the credits I have already paid for… which is ridiculous.

Let’s be honest, most of us here are probably programmers and could code up a simple link to display a text receipt in a few minutes. Someone at Envato just needs to get off their ass and do it. Otherwise, I have to go elsewhere to purchase stuff. Or get my accounting department to set up an account and then wait weeks for them to actually get the stuff I need, which aint gonna happen.

1550 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Russian Federation
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

I think I pressed “request staff reply” already but doing it again just in case. Feature is definitely must have and staff reply with ETA from developers needed here.

Best Regards, Andrey

69 posts
  • United States
topekadesign says

OMG! The support responses are unbelievable. I have now got the EXACT SAME response from two different people and it takes 3 to 6 days to get a response from support.

It appears they read the title of the email and not anything I have written in the email. My questions go unanswered.

I think I know what my next Mashable article is going to be about… The crappy support from Envato and their lack of support for corporate buyers.

5179 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

Can you give me your Support ticket number? Thanks!

5754 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Let’s be honest, most of us here are probably programmers and could code up a simple link to display a text receipt in a few minutes. Someone at Envato just needs to get off their ass and do it.

Have to agree with this. No need to compare with other marketplaces for everything. Giving a proof for buyers that just displays item title, price and date of purchase is something too basic to ignore. Statements page is never a solution.

by
by
by
by
by
by