341 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
joshhunsaker says

I realize it’s a mite bit off topic but it does have to do with gear and I know there are likely those of you looking for new monitors or what not – interesting enough – I picked these up recently and auditioned them in my system with a Hafler PRO1200 amp that I found (also on ebay) and the combination was somewhat astounding. I found that they are extraordinarily neutral monitors which is something of an odd thing because they are technically so old. Still – the drivers are in perfect condition and the sound is fantastic! If anyone wants to pick up a pair of passive 2-ways to monitor on these may be the ticket if you want to save yourself a good deal of money on what would compare to these things. Honestly – it surprised me that they really have none of the ‘honk’ or ‘squawk’ that characterizes a lot of nice vintage speakers and they produce really dynamic sound with very very low distortion.

Advent Loudspeakers ebay auction

I don’t figure they will go too high price-wise and I figured there’s got to be a couple people at least looking for some new passives here considering all the members that browse audiojungle! Anyway.

by
by
by
by
by
by