1234 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
MBMedia says

No worries, like I said, you have a black paw and the files you build are well constructed from everything I can tell. Your files would not be the kind to get rejected. And all files that are not rejected will end up with more sales because there will be less buyers leaving FD over crappy purchases, and it will be easier to find the files they want :)

Besides, we’re not calling for a total overhaul that means only DS is allowed to upload files :P We just need the quality standards set a little higher since it is becoming an issue that is hurting the site. This site wouldn’t be anything much if only the top 20 authors made files, and I’m definitely not calling for any change that is radical or extreme, just enough to restore some respect to the marketplace :)

81 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Paul_Ferrie says

+1

5325 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
CodingJack says

$10+ to make it to the home page. Not fair, but best for business.

153 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
cg219 says
hah we did reject a lot of low quality file, just some case the line is a little blur and in the circumstance of not having an official guideline yet … At least you should know Lance is working on it
I think this has been mentioned, and I’m very glad he is. Personally, I have been advocating this greatly in the past, and I think FD has made it clear that they have heard us and are working on it. So I think we should just let FD do their thing and see what the results are :)

+1, They have heard our cry’s over the past month on this issue. Lets just wait and see what they come up with. OR we can get Chucka on the case =D

2671 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

I agree, for whatever reason (likely attracting more authors) quality is at an all time low. The obvious problem is there are no official quality guidelines.

I think the 3 version rules is also stupid. This is the rule which lets authors upload 3 slightly different (e.g color changes) of the same file.

FD should start turning away files it already has lots of. Other stock sites do this very well. They have a page explaining the types of files they don`t want to see any more.

oh and everyone should be wary of throwing stones in glass house :D

1092 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Located in Netherlands
+7 more
Reconcept says

Tinman you’re bringing up some very good points there. I think your system might work. MB, you say it will take more effort from the reviewers but I think it might even take work away since the previewing process takes little time and so the queue for the real reviewing will be shorter.

Also I think you’re right about the niches. I don’t think files shouldn’t be allowed if they don’t sell. For example some authors have sublime animations, but they just don’t sell much. Still I think these should be approved since they make FlashDen a marketplace which displays exclusivity and quality.

189 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
mbudm says

I favour a solution like that suggested by gdpgiga – a system that uses objective data about the popularity of a file to determine how much exposure the file gets on the homepage.

I can see the benefit from Envato’s perspective of having lots of low selling content, purely for targeting the long tail and increasing SEO based traffic. It would be difficult to analyse whether lower quality files do in fact turn off buyers or if such files are simply ignored.

1955 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
Emroni says
It would be difficult to analyse whether lower quality files do in fact turn off buyers or if such files are simply ignored.

We could have a poll or something, somewhere, to see what buyers think

by
by
by
by
by
by