2952 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

Hi there ,

I want to know if there is any plan on raising the bar of the quality for accepted theme in the future.

As we see more and more awesome theme , I was wondering if TF will raise the bar or if there will be just more and more submission accepted every day .. do you know what I mean ?

If I look at the recent theme accepted , I see that a LOT won’t sell more than 15-20 times ..

If I look at Activeden , I think the insane amount of file accepted make it really really hard to make cash now and I am really scared that it will happen here at TF.

I know ActiveDen have more little file like preloader and stuff like that and that TF have more complex big file but I know it will be more and more popular and there will be so much submission in the future..

What do you guys think , are you affraid of seeing TF become like AD ?

155 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Located in Canada Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Warll says
What do you guys think , are you affraid of seeing TF become like AD ?
As a customer, no. As an author, they should remove everyone else’s themes and only sell what I make.

PS: Of course I’m not an author yet so I have no fears it seems.

164 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Located in Canada
+2 more
GFXsupport says

I just joined so I haven’t been around long enough to see a change in quality. From looking at the designs submitted since I joined, they all look legit to me. Some look to sell more and some sell less. Depends on the type of design and genre the layout falls into.

Also got to remember some customers don’t want the design that 20+ other customers have aswell.

2541 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

I think the quality level on TF has continued to improved recently, I imagine it will continue on this course as more authors choose to submit items increasing competition :)

2019 posts Review Manager
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

As time goes on, quality requirements will continue to increase. Will they increase more right now? Probably not. We just increased our quality requirements, but as we all know, quality requirements are a bit hazy and can take a little time to define. It’s not necessarily a black and white situation where every decision is clear cut. So, as we continue to review submissions, we’ll get a better idea of where the line should be drawn such that it works best for the marketplace and everyone involved. What this means is requirements might still be adjusted and increased tomorrow… or a week from now. ;-)

Keep in mind that we’re getting more submissions as ThemeForest grows, which means more competition is inevitable.

164 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
tonyc says

I can’t agree more that the bar should be constantly raised.

675 posts
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+11 more
cudazi Envato team says
Keep in mind that we’re getting more submissions as ThemeForest grows, which means more competition is inevitable.

I’ve been noticing the burst of sales newly approved files get seems to last much less time these days…which is why I stopped contributing at photo/illustration stock places before switching to themes, when you’re competing against millions of files, the fun goes away very quickly, you’re in and out of the spotlight within hours. :)

88 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Gyro says

While I do agree that a few themes recently (not necessarily in the past week) don’t seem to be very… premium, Over the past few months the quality has definitely risen. I’m constantly seeing themes that make me go wow (in fact there are quite a few themes that i have no idea why they don’t sell more), and as an author that gives me motivation to improve more to meet the rising standards :)

371 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
QwibbleDesigns says
While I do agree that a few themes recently (not necessarily in the past week) don’t seem to be very… premium, Over the past few months the quality has definitely risen. I’m constantly seeing themes that make me go wow (in fact there are quite a few themes that i have no idea why they don’t sell more), and as an author that gives me motivation to improve more to meet the rising standards :)

Well your succeeding, because your themes make me go wow xD

155 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Located in Canada Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Warll says

cough:[removed]

by
by
by
by
by
by