• Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
digitalimpact says

Totally agree.

How is it even possible that prices we’re bumped and the quality bar was lowered? Buyers now expect even more quality for their money but instead, they get the opposite. Lots of mediocre stuff to choose from.

Is quantity the new goal for this marketplace? Last time I checked, I saw a coming soon page and I looked at the date twice, thought that old ‘republishing to homepage’ bug was back…

Something really needs to be done about quality…

648 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
Dream-Theme says

Hi @dream-theme, quality of our items is important to us and we do our best to make sure every item reaches these standards. If you have noticed any items that have issues or are broken, please contact support so we can fix and resolve these problems. We don’t want authors to sell items that are not 100% and it is within our interests to maintain a high quality of items across our sites. However, we also want our community to be able to ask honest questions, ask for feedback and learn from each other, no matter what level their skills are at currently. Thank you for your feedback on this issue. :)

Carmen, this is a standard reply. And we both know that :) IMO , the fact that you already have a standard reply for this type of questions – is already an answer.

I’d got my answer. Mod, please lock or delete this thread.

31 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Ireland
  • Exclusive Author
AMcDermott says

This is a reason I sometimes buy older themes with lots of sales – and lots of testing from those who have gone before me. Assuming the author has been good with updates, most bugs have been long since reported and fixed.

104 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
naspos says

One of the biggest problems I ran into is the issue of themes being sold “as is”. To me that the theme receives no feature updates but it does receive updates for compatibility with the newest version of the CMS . In our case it is Wordpress. Our servers get attacked constantly and the theme designer is telling us to use Wordpress 3.0!

Are you kidding me?

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says

One of the biggest problems I ran into is the issue of themes being sold “as is”. To me that the theme receives no feature updates but it does receive updates for compatibility with the newest version of the CMS . In our case it is Wordpress. Our servers get attacked constantly and the theme designer is telling us to use Wordpress 3.0! Are you kidding me?

Well, that’s a problem with that developer. Very strange btw, because I don’t see why if the theme works with 3.0 it shouldn’t work with newer version.

Backward compatibility (to older WP versions) is another story, but new WP version shouldn’t break anything.

Many of us check the compatibility with the new releases and update the themes in the same 24h the new WP version is released. If the theme is well developed, we don’t need to edit anything from version to version… we just check to be sure everything is fine.

104 posts
naspos says

unfortunately for whatever reason a link like this:

http://www.domain.com/wp-content/themes/domain/theme/classes/timthumb.php?src=http://www.naspos.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/orangevpos-500.jpg&w=200&h=200&zc=1

would produce an image now it shows an error “access denied”

yeah the developer made a very well developed theme but they refuse to make sure it is compatible with the latest version of Wordpress. i complained to Envato and they refused to do anything. The theme is still for sale.

Thing is now that we need 3 more themes and we are staying away from the developer group entire cause of this.

the worst thing about it is that in the beginning their theme didn’t really work well with a lot of plugins. these were obscure ones, these were major ones with half a million to two million downloads and these plugins weren’t alternative when it came to their theme.

31 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Ireland
  • Exclusive Author
AMcDermott says

One of the biggest problems I ran into is the issue of themes being sold “as is”. To me that the theme receives no feature updates but it does receive updates for compatibility with the newest version of the CMS . In our case it is Wordpress. Our servers get attacked constantly and the theme designer is telling us to use Wordpress 3.0!

That’s the kind of thing I hope to find out by reading the Theme Comments before purchase – please help your fellow buyers by (politely) questioning this on there :)

104 posts
naspos says

i just posted saying that they expect ridiculous things. That’s the kind of thing I hope to find out by reading the Theme Comments before purchase – please help your fellow buyers by (politely) questioning this on there :)
648 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
Dream-Theme says

Mod, as a person who started this thread I ask you to lock it. It has fulfilled its purpose.

5204 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says