151 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Keenpixel says

Hey folks, just wanted to clear up a bit of confusion on my part… just where should background files be sorted on GraphicRiver? I ask because I see some under “Graphics > Backgrounds”, but I also see some under “Web Elements > Misc”. Should strictly web background go under Web Elements and everything else in the main Backgrounds category?

Thanks for any help!

526 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
tanpopo says

i guess files under web elements-misc are strictly connected to web pages or part of them. the ones in the main background category are for a more general purpose instead, such as prints, power point presentations and so on..

it all depends on what kind of image you designed :grin:

151 posts
+1 more
Keenpixel says

Yeah, that makes sense! Anything web-related should go under Web Elements even if it fits into other categories…

2231 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
+10 more
crozer says

Yeah, that makes sense! Anything web-related should go under Web Elements even if it fits into other categories…

Nope. Check the right categories-sidebar.
http://graphicriver.net/category/graphics/backgrounds

Backgrounds belong to the Graphics category ;)

151 posts
+1 more
Keenpixel says

Nope. Check the right categories-sidebar.
http://graphicriver.net/category/graphics/backgrounds

Backgrounds belong to the Graphics category ;)

Well, that’s where my confusion stems from… looks like other people are confused too!

Any official word on this?

3197 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
+11 more
ThomGeskin says

Hi Keenpixel, since you are still unsure about which category is most appropriate for your background, I suggest you save an image preview, and send support an e-mail through http://graphicriver.net/support with a link to your image, asking them the correct category.

By contacting support about your matter, you eliminate the chances of sending it to the wrong category, thus eliminating the possibility of wasting time.

Wow, I could have just said, “Send support an e-mail about it”. But ok, what’s done is done!

Good luck.

2231 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
+10 more
crozer says

Well, that’s where my confusion stems from… looks like other people are confused too! Any official word on this?

There’s no confusion. It depends on what your BG aims at. If it’s for desktop/local use or for the world wide web. Nevertheless, do what Dzinc suggests if you feel unsure.

Regards,

151 posts
+1 more
Keenpixel says

Thanks for the suggestions, not really sure I need to bother Support with such a small thing. If there was a better definition of categories on an official level, then maybe things would be more clear.

Think I’ll stick with submitting web backgrounds to the Web Elements category unlessl I’m told otherwise, because that’s what makes sense to me!

3085 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Raincutter says

Well do this, if your background is specifically for twitter & similar services or websites then submit it under web. If it’s an all purpose background i.e. aimed to be used for graphic as well as web services then submit it under Graphics category. That is what I would have done.

151 posts
+1 more
Keenpixel says

Well do this, if your background is specifically for twitter & similar services or websites then submit it under web. If it’s an all purpose background i.e. aimed to be used for graphic as well as web services then submit it under Graphics category. That is what I would have done.

Yup, that’s the plan! I have one file currently in the queue under web elements so hopefully I’ll know soon enough if that’s correct!

by
by
by
by
by
by