• Russian Federation
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

Hi !

I would like to check how item updates are processed. I have experience with updateding soft-rejected items and it works nice.

On the contrary I have several questions about process when I update already accepted and live item. I mean changing main download and preview or tags (which requires review).

1) Does item hiding from portfolio or stay live unchanged during waiting for review after I submit this updated item back for review ?

2) Does reviewer re-evaluate price for example If I decide to expand item (adding simular footage) and make pack from previous single item.

3) After re-approval will updated item go back to main page as new item or stay same position in portfolio?

The reason I am asking when I started few month ago, one of my first short item was barely accepted but now I know how to improve it’s quality as well as I have additional parts to increase the value for the potential customers.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards, Andrey

1815 posts Videohive author & moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+7 more
Mocarg Volunteer moderator says

I am sleepy so i’ll give you short answers :D

1. No, it is not hidden. It will always be in your portfolio.

2. You can say in the box for Msg for reviewer that you expanded the project and you would like it to be reevaluated.

3. No. It will stay where he was.

Good night!

3893 posts After Effects Templates
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
miseld says

Hi !

I would like to check how item updates are processed. I have experience with updateding soft-rejected items and it works nice.

On the contrary I have several questions about process when I update already accepted and live item. I mean changing main download and preview or tags (which requires review).

1) Does item hiding from portfolio or stay live unchanged during waiting for review after I submit this updated item back for review ?

2) Does reviewer re-evaluate price for example If I decide to expand item (adding simular footage) and make pack from previous single item.

3) After re-approval will updated item go back to main page as new item or stay same position in portfolio?

The reason I am asking when I started few month ago, one of my first short item was barely accepted but now I know how to improve it’s quality as well as I have additional parts to increase the value for the potential customers.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards, Andrey

Hi, i think i can answer your questions:

• 1) Stay alive till reviewer update item.
  • 2) It’s up to reviewer
  • 3) No file stay at same position in portfolio
  • 1550 posts
    • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
    • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
    • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
    • Russian Federation
    • Exclusive Author
    • Bought between 10 and 49 items
    • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
    AndrVlad says

Hi Mocarg and Miseld,

Greatly appreciate such a quick answers. Your answers are fully resolved all my misunderstanding! Thank you guys!!!

Best Regards, Andrey

55 posts
    • Bought between 1 and 9 items
    • Exclusive Author
    • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
    • Estonia
    PerfectFX says

Hi Mocarg and Miseld,

Greatly appreciate such a quick answers. Your answers are fully resolved all my misunderstanding! Thank you guys!!!

Best Regards, Andrey

Thanks for those questions :) Pretty useful, actually. I’m relatively new here as well :) Good topic.

by
    by
    by
    by
    by
    by