• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
+2 more
flashedge says

Yo guys, I’m writing here for a simple question about the allowed assets to be used in our previews.

I would like to know if Envato allows to load external assets from Youtube, Flickr, Vimeo and other social networks. I’ve seen other authors doing it here, but I’m not completely confident.

For istance, my next item will have flickr & youtube support. This means I can load images directly from photosets without any watermark. Would this be a copyright issue? Do I have to ask a written permission to the photographer? Do I have to do something particular in this case?

It should not be an issue with Youtube, as there is a watermark there all the time. Others have done this successfully. I guess I can do the same.

Thanks. :)

1955 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Emroni says

Flickr states that you have to have a link back to the image page on flickr.com, otherwise you they dont want you to use their service (have had a few mails before while developing). Basically, when you show a link to the page on flickr, theyre ok with it

1657 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
+2 more
flashedge says

Thanks Emroni, that’s exactly what I was thinking about. Infact I was loading the images directly and didn’t think to put a link to the flickr page. :)

Now let’s go back to work. :D

by
by
by
by
by
by