Ok, here’s the question:
Lets say I get a theme, the single use license. I don’t use the entire theme for a website at all, but I want to use the background image for a project. Is that allowed?
The background image isn’t used in another theme for resale, but rather as a background(duh! :p) in a website I’m making for someone.
- Envato Staff
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Beta Tester
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Sure. If the background was created solely for that template though, you’ll only be able to use it once. If the background is open source or something though, you can freely use it (check the license or ask the author).