1617 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
cyzer says

Hey, as we all know after the item is approved it goes to the front page, and then it travels all the way down and disappears. But if another item of same author is approved then that item occupies the spot of already exposed item. So the question is, when the item does not loose the exposure ? I mean there is two All and After Effects Project Files filters by which you can see all or only AE items, so which one the item has to pass not to be occupied by the new item approved ?

do I have to wait for item to travel all the way down ALL thumbs ? or all the way AFTER EFFECTS PROJECT FILES thumbs ?

2234 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

I think the new file replaces it whenever there is an older file in view. so let’s say your item A is gone from all files but still in AE category on frontpage. new file B shows up on frontpage, if you go to AE category it replaces File A. So if you want maximum exosure time on front page wait till your item isn’t visible in his category anymore.

But actually I think buyers go directly to AE projects from main menu instead of choosing the AE-thumbs on frontpage

44 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
simlos says

yes the older item will disappear from the frontpage, even if its another category, i had this with an ae template and a motion graphic a while ago, so it seems better to let a day between uploading, if you want the exposure.

greetings simlos

410 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
GhosTeam says

yes the older item will disappear from the frontpage, even if its another category, i had this with an ae template and a motion graphic a while ago, so it seems better to let a day between uploading, if you want the exposure. greetings simlos

+1…even make it three days…Since you never know how many project are in the queue, and if some get rejected the gap between your 2 projects gets smaller.

Plus, there is no steady time for how long it takes an item to disappear naturally from the main page..it goes from 5 hours to 2 days…better safe than sorry :)

by
by
by
by
by
by