• Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Europe
vcore says

Hello Everyone,

I have question that bother me for a long time. I’m working as graphic designer in a interactive agency, i have my own private account (this) where i sell templates made with my friend. But my company have another account for selling items created by us, as company (not yet sold anything – unfortunately we dont have enough time…).

Accordingly.

Whether there will be problems if i made maximum number of templates to sell privately (limit per author), and company sell next one designed by me at another account in Most Wanted event?. Of course, i am not the owner of that account, i own only this (vcore).

Thanks in advance Michal

18 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
vcore says

Envato… I’m still waiting for response. :)

6763 posts
  • Italy
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+1 more
doru says

as author you can have multiple accounts to sell on the marketplace. There is no limit of items x author.

What you need is unique items for each account and, off course, pass reviewing process.

18 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
vcore says

Thanks for reply,

So, can i make maximum number of items privately in one Most Wanted Event (e.g three), and make few more with my company on other account, and this is comply with the rules of Most Wanted Events?

Michal

3249 posts Nice Guy
  • Forum Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
RubenBristian says

as author you can have multiple accounts to sell on the marketplace. There is no limit of items x author. What you need is unique items for each account and off course pass reviewing process.

He is talking about the Most Wanted Events, which have a limit of 3 files uploaded / author. He is asking if he is allowed to create multiple accounts in order to get more prizes in the MWE, because he can get only 3 with an account..

6763 posts
  • Italy
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+1 more
doru says

as author you can have multiple accounts to sell on the marketplace. There is no limit of items x author. What you need is unique items for each account and off course pass reviewing process.
He is talking about the Most Wanted Events, which have a limit of 3 files uploaded / author. He is asking if he is allowed to create multiple accounts in order to get more prizes in the MWE, because he can get only 3 with an account..

ah, yes. :)

forget about title. made the comment based on the first post. :) my bad. sorry.

18 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
vcore says

I dont have other accounts. Company where i work have one, and we plan to sell templates as a team on this account.

Simply:

I make three items privately on this account to MWE (designed and developed by me)
My company makes three items to MWE (only designed by me) on other account

Is it according with MWE rules?

Michal

148 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
BowtieThemes says

It’s not ethically correct to do that because you’ll get the piece of cake from that account, too, don’t you think? Basically, you can do that but is it fair…

18 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
vcore says

This is little complicated… I make themes privately and sell on this account, also i’m working in interactive agency where i am the only graphic designer, so now this is really tangled – company can’t participate in MFE with themes designed by me :( We work in six people, but only one GD. Sure, i know that participate in MFE from two account are not right, but this is different situation… So we have dilemma

Thanks for replies Michal

2519 posts Marketplace Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+13 more
scottwills Staff says

Hello Everyone,

I have question that bother me for a long time. I’m working as graphic designer in a interactive agency, i have my own private account (this) where i sell templates made with my friend. But my company have another account for selling items created by us, as company (not yet sold anything – unfortunately we dont have enough time…).

Accordingly.

Whether there will be problems if i made maximum number of templates to sell privately (limit per author), and company sell next one designed by me at another account in Most Wanted event?. Of course, i am not the owner of that account, i own only this (vcore).

Thanks in advance Michal

Hi Michal, Happy New Year! Sorry for the delay responding, I’ve personally been out of the office for the past few weeks. I think it’s going to be unlikely that we will allow what you are asking to happen. The reason being, if we technically allow what you are asking, it blurs the boundary of what is and what is not allowed and before you know it, one author could create multiple accounts and try to win ALL the Bounty from the same event. That kinda ruins the community aspect of these events in my personal opinion. I’m going to have to double-check with our legal department and I’ll report back once I find out. My personal thought right now however is that it probably won’t be be allowed. I’ll come back to confirm an official response however. Thanks for your patience. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by