632 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
UBLThemes says

Hi I know the title is a little harsh and this is not a blast regarding the rating system or 1 star ratings etc.

Today on my other account I got a 1 star rating which is ok as there is more than enough 5 star ratings to cancel this singular 1 star rating.

But anyway, the thing which has made me write this post is because of the 1 star ratings subject which is a pre select menu.

It states Customer Support.

Under that it states, because the person does not reply to comments within the comment area.

Bare in mind the question was posted only 5-6 hours before.

Again 1 star ratings are part of Envato which I have come to terms with.

What I can not understand is that Envato push support is not required or is it pushed.

Then when ratings, the very first option for bad feedback is Customer Support!

Either make customer support mandatory and put the price up on the themes or remove this from the feedback options and make it bold that feedback can not be for customer support.

There is nothing more hypocritical than this… Telling authors that support is not needed and should not be part of the ratings review, and on the other hand highlighting it at the first available option that its allowed within the rating of a theme!

Anyway my question is regarding why are Envato stating support is not mandatory and should not be within ratings and then telling buyers another thing?

1005 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says
Then when ratings, the very first option for bad feedback is Customer Support!?

Because when they will want to rate you 5 stars for the high-class support, you will want that 5 stars rating.

Other than that, before being an author here, I worked for years in an IT company where the rule number one was to always have an average response time for the customers emails smaller than 30 minutes. It’s respectful, it’s how business works, it shows engagement and responsibility.

Anyway, if the buyer already contacted you in the comments, you can contact him back now, apologizing that you were busy and showing that you want you help.

632 posts
+6 more
UBLThemes says

Other than that, before being an author here, I worked for years in an IT company where the rule number one was to always have an average response time for the customers emails smaller than 30 minutes. It’s respectful, it’s how business works, it shows engagement and responsibility.

A little bit hard when the rating is 3am GMT.

Not a cat in hells chance I am waking up at 3am to answer a support question just because its respectful.

It goes 2 ways, if people demand 30 minutes on a site like this, then its disrespectful to authors, especial ones who do not have a team

1003 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
+5 more
mudi says

If this happened to me than I would provided support to customer and may be his/her mind get changed and re rate the product.

1005 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

I know, I’m on your side ;) believe me. I can’t find a way myself either to answer the support questions during the night.

Maybe Envato developers can help us showing a button in each item page (under the Purchase button maybe) that tells I’m online / I’m offline

5490 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

If support is optional, how then can it be used as a negative rating?

Its just stoopid .. If its optional, then it doesnt apply

590 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

Who cares about rating hypocrisy? Pricing hypocrisy is the real problem.

Price items well below market value by making support optional. Then position the marketplace to actively discourage not providing support. Take one guess who profits, and who bites the bullet. Economies of scale at work (against authors).

405 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in India
+2 more
drsankarl says

Then when ratings, the very first option for bad feedback is Customer Support!?

Because when they will want to rate you 5 stars for the high-class support, you will want that 5 stars rating.

Anyway, if the buyer already contacted you in the comments, you can contact him back now, apologizing that you were busy and showing that you want you help.

That’s ridiculous. We are not running companies here with lot of employees to take care of customer support. Answering within 24 hrs is THE BEST RESPONSE TIME.
No need to apologize for not getting back within 30 mins or 6 hrs.
if a customer needs something similar to a live chat, he has to pay extra or get a custom theme.

7427 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

the word you’ve used is a bit strong but I agree with your statement

I had recently a similar situation on envato studio and was very disappointed that the staff was not able to understand how ratings that don’t respect the truth, damages the author and the marketplace.

Well, then maybe they are fine with losing all the money they invested in envato studio.

I’ve seen recently a lot of this type of threads about ratings and another thing I find disturbing is the fact they ask us to contact the staff about this type of situation but what they actually have is an internal policy to deny all this type of requests regardless of the actual facts.

The answer I got was “We remove abusive ratings” then everything become a debate of staff denying that a rating made by an abusive client is an abusive rating. It all become a pure philosophical crap with no regards over the facts and what their main goal should be: to protect the marketplace from unfair business practices.

Yep, they manage to lose my trust over this. Good job.

Very disappointed actually, especially when on envato studio the interaction between client and author is done on envato servers.

I’m actually very angry about this because practically envato is siding with a type of clients that plagues our industry. You all know those type of people that think if they pay 1 dollar then you are their slave. We need to resolve this bully client issue not ignore them.

If someone from envato that decides policies reads this, then know that this way of approaching the problem not only destroys your reputation, author trust in this company but also damages innocent clients that will get lower quality support because the author will invest less energy in speaking with a new client as one may never know what douche you have in front.

This may get resolved by actually looking at each case individually and remove abusive ratings when happens.

You may think you get more damage if you upset the buyer and not the author as now. Is wrong. The buyer is already upset for a lot of reason that neither the author or the company has to do with. But what you do is to also make angry the author and it doesn’t make no sense.

632 posts
+6 more
UBLThemes says

Who cares about rating hypocrisy? Pricing hypocrisy is the real problem. Price items well below market value by making support optional. Then position the marketplace to actively discourage not providing support. Take one guess who profits, and who bites the bullet. Economies of scale at work (against authors).

This was my point when I said:

Either make customer support mandatory and put the price up on the themes or remove this from the feedback options and make it bold that feedback can not be for customer support.

:)

by
by
by
by
by
by