61 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+3 more
RafalBorowski says
Your template has a good start, unfortunately, due to our high requirements your template is not ready for the PSD template category.

This suits better in Site Templates or WordPress — or another category, it has potential to be accepted but it may require more improvements before it’s approved under another category.

Your are not providing an unpleasant template but the PSD category requires higher quality in terms of aesthetics.

The question is – Does this translate into simple “dude… code it and we’re good”???

57 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
Blunny says

The question is – Does this translate into simple “dude… code it and we’re good”???

That’s how I understand it. Either make it more stunning as PSD or turn it into a template or theme. Then again, when coding it, you’re introducing new elements into it that could go wrong ;-)

Best of luck!

61 posts
  • Located in Europe
+3 more
RafalBorowski says
Then again, when coding it, you’re introducing new elements into it that could go wrong

Like what? I don’t get it. Also did anyone get a similar reply in rejection? If yest then did you canege anything in the design when you coded it or did you just coded it like it was in the design and it got accepted?

428 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Jaynesh says

This is a soft rejection and usually it means that it has potential to be accepted with a few improvements and changes.

I got the same message, made the changes and had it approved all in the same week.

It is definitely worth the time making the improvements, even if you do decide on converting it HTML. It will give you that extra edge.

61 posts
  • Located in Europe
+3 more
RafalBorowski says

I got the same message, made the changes and had it approved all in the same week.

What changes did you made in you PSD to get it accepted? Typography, colors, adding elements? I know it’s different for every design but I need some startnig point.

428 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Jaynesh says

What changes did you made in you PSD to get it accepted? Typography, colors, adding elements? I know it’s different for every design but I need some startnig point.

They told me to replace the sample images in the portfolio. If you show us your design, we could give you feedback on what improvements you can make.

57 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
Blunny says

Then again, when coding it, you’re introducing new elements into it that could go wrong
Like what? I don’t get it. Also did anyone get a similar reply in rejection? If yest then did you canege anything in the design when you coded it or did you just coded it like it was in the design and it got accepted?

As in, when ever you add something new, in this case the code, there is more to be judged by it’s quality.

2204 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
manuelvega says

I was rejected over 10 times, his message is very general as always , we must see with clearly what areas needs improvements , with a constructive view you can perform certain improvements , u need to show ur work to ask feedback . If your only question is if you should make a html ? , the answer is that you have almost the same percentage of rejection , PSD requires more quality in terms of aesthetics , but in HTML you’ll have to add other things too. That message says is not 100% sure to get approved in this category .

I hope you understand xD

by
by
by
by
by
by