3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Malaysia
eamai says

Hi there,

Question 1

I’ve read theme submission guidelines and right now I’m creating wordpress theme. It’s 90% completed. However, when I run Theme Check, I’ve got several error and recommendation. I remembered from theme guidelines we need to get rid as much as possible error, recommended, warning from theme check.

Most recommendation comes from TGM activation plugin and SMOF Options framework. Do I need to fix the plugin problem or just leave it there.

Question 2

In theme guidelines, it says translatable strings must not contain variable. However when I’m running POEdit to extract my string, I found several translation from TGM plugin and it contains string like this

Some string here ยป

Is that okay for the above code? Or do I need to alter the plugin to remove the tag?

Thank you in advanced.

584 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
ChapterThemes says

To me is seems logical you don’t have to fix the plugin errors and warnings.

The new guidelines make us use plugins and those plugin, so if those plugins generate warnings/errors it’s not up to the theme author to fix the plugins.

3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Malaysia
eamai says

Yeah, agree with that too. Basically my theme do not generate any error or recommended except base64encode but most of the notices comes from TGM, SMOF and meta boxes plugins. BTW I’ll try to submit tomorrow and see what happens. Cheers

584 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
ChapterThemes says

Perhaps check your theme with only your own plugins ( if you have any ) activated.

If that’s good, you don’t have to look through all the TGM warnings etc.

3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Malaysia
eamai says

Ok mate. thanks for the info.

by
by
by
by
by
by