6 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
kaisersosa says

Hi everyone,

I’m writing a post for my FB fan page about how a newbie can start to sell in GR. ‘Party Flyer templates’ is a hot category, with Sevenstyles leading sales. All these templates are fully loaded with text layer styles, particle FX and lens flares. On the other hand, GR is selling a lot of texts effects, flares etc.

I know we can’t include a female model image in a template, but I’m not sure if a text effect or a lens flare PNG have the same restriction. Can we purchase a text layer effect bundle and use one of them in another template, like a party flyer one?

I think I know the answer but I’d like to check it with you guys. Thanks in advance! Kaiser

147 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Cre8tiveCloud says

I personally just make new layer styles ones, but unofficially i don’t think it’s allowed.

Also you can post models in the templates if you purchase the rights to do so. I tried this on on of my flyers and it sold. I made an investment in to pre-purchasing the model images and the flyer didn’t do to bad.

1048 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
survivor says

You can’t use bought styles on GR under Regular license for flyers, which will be for sale, because it is forbidden to resale it.

You can do this only if you rasterize the text layer with used style, so the customer can’t extract the style from it, but in this case He can’t change the text to his needs.

This again is a good reason to have the Extended license back for Add-ons. ;)

1373 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

This is strange… i making a my styles, add-ons and i thought other authors will buy it and they can use them to create posters or anything. Now im confused. If its forbidden for them to use my styles, that means all this market just lost. Envato should find a solution for this, because its just cut back the sales.

6 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
kaisersosa says

Thank you guys for your comments! Now I know that Add-ons haven’t the extended licence option. That’s why I was confused.

92 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
CanCars says

This is strange… i making a my styles, add-ons and i thought other authors will buy it and they can use them to create posters or anything. Now im confused. If its forbidden for them to use my styles, that means all this market just lost. Envato should find a solution for this, because its just cut back the sales.

Yuup, I pretty much stopped buying because of this, I was hoping to use some of the gadgets I bought on here to create posters and such, for re sale. I dont see why one couldnt just mention the products used (with link).

1373 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

I think we need an answer from Envato. I checked the licence terms regarding the Add-ons. I think Authors CAN use the styles and add-ons on their posters. They are selling posters and not reselling the Add-on. Yes, i know with the layer style its different than an action, because the poster’s buyer can get the styles as well. Actually a solution would works. If an author buy a style and use it in his poster for resale, then a ”%” would goes back to the style’s authors. This could be a solution for other co- works as well. Means you are not paying 1 time a big amount of $ as a licence, but a smaller amount from every sales.

by
by
by
by
by
by