I’m videohive author and I need good looking website screenshots for my video preview.
The question is:
Can I just pick what I like from TF and use in my video preview or I need to contact author to give me permission?
- the screenshots will be visible only in the preview, not included in zip file for download with after effects project
- I’ll include in item description links for TF user profile, item and portfolio
- when item gets approved, I’ll contact TF author (just like I always contact AJ authors to see the final result with their tracks)
For my current project I need screenshots of responsive designed themes. So the same design in different resolutions to show up how it looks on 16×9 monitor, tablet and smart phone.
I don’t know if it is allowed, but there is no problem if you take screenshots from our items. Just request staff reply for more info!
If you find anything you like in our portfolio, feel free to take them for an item preview spin with attribution. Good luck with your projects!
I suppose it’s allowed, just like we can use photodune watermarked preview images and audiojungle previews.
Only difference is that previews and screenshots on ThemeForest are not watermarked like on Photodune or tagged like on Audiojungle. That’s why it’s better to check with authors first.
I, personally, don’t mind if my item screenshots included
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.