Hi creative nation! I hope you guys are doing awesome!
I manage multiple sites with wordpress using themes purchased here. As I was doing some maintenance to one of these sites, got a notice that a Wordpress 3.2 update is available.
Sure I backup my databases and everything before, but now noticed that an upgrade from MYSQL4 to MYSQL5 is required in all databases.
I searched for the how-to, but I’m not sure how to do the upgrade. From what I searched, you must create a new database running MYSQL5 and import the data from the previous one.
The WP 3 .2 sure adds more speed and security according to the notice. I don’t immediately update to a new WP version my sites but after asking the theme author that the current theme for a specific site is compatible with the new WP version.
My questions are…
1. How to upgrade from MYSQL4 to MYSQL5 ? If this is a manual procedure, it will take me quite some time to upgrade all the databases to my existing websites. Security is important for my clients.
2. Should we buyers, upgrade to WP3 .2?
Thanks for your advice and prompt help. Have an awesome day!
if you are on a shared hosting server or a managed VPS server, then ask your hosting provider to upgrade it for you. done!
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.