414 posts Code Is Poetry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
gljivec says

Is there any particular reason why you are locking those topic that are discussing exclusivity of certain authors (when they also sell on their own sites via subscriptions)? If this is allowed, please state so, if these are special cases also please state how this special status can be achieved…

Here is previous topic : (Locked) Exclusivity is it real?

1466 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

+1000000000000, why o why? Would really like to know how to get there :)

7384 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Would really like to know how to get there :)

just contact envato and try to come up to a deal with them. but you need to have something to offer :)

655 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
abstract-labs says

I think the thread has been locked because it’s not allowed to attack other users in the forum.

631 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
UBLThemes says

+1

I noticed this, this morning and sent a ticket into Envato and a private message to Travis about it.

Not heard anything back from support and Travis did say I most likely will not hear anything back because of privacy reasons.

I cant see this being good for Envato in anyway. How can they compete with his own site for his templates, considering even his own items do not link back to themeforest, they go to his site to register for a subscription.

I have nothing against Orman or Themezilla, at the end of the day well played to them, its a good bit of business for them, but Envato this is another kick in the nuts!!!!!!

414 posts Code Is Poetry
+8 more
gljivec says

I think the thread has been locked because it’s not allowed to attack other users in the forum.

How can you show then where is the issue with exclusivity???

655 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
abstract-labs says

That’s the point, we’re not allowed to do so! I was just answering the question, all threads where users are being attacked in the forum will be locked.

I agree with you about respecting the rules! Maybe the message should have been: author xxx is doing something (apparently) wrong, a little bit more generic (without writing his name).

1770 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Locking and burying topics just so the other authors won’t see them is A BAD WAY of talking to the community. If support is looking into this issue(which obviously can’t because it’s not their matter at all), that’s not a valid reason for locking topics.

576 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Gareth_Gillman says

So looking at it objectively, for every subscription person X makes, envato get a kickback of Y?

It’s good business for the authors, it’s potentially a good kickback for envato but in the long run these authors aren’t going to promote themeforest so envato are potentially losing a lot of sales from repeat purchases.

Can’t see the reason for this unless the authors were looking to take their items off TF so it was a compromise deal?

414 posts Code Is Poetry
+8 more
gljivec says

That’s the point, we’re not allowed to do so! I was just answering the question, all threads where users are being attacked in the forum will be locked.

I agree with you about respecting the rules! Maybe the message should have been: author xxx is doing something (apparently) wrong, a little bit more generic (without writing his name).

I agree that respecting the rules is a must, so why do some users have different agreements with Envato? All we need to know is, what these conditions are, so we can also sell on our sites! I guess xxx needs Envato, but if he achieves what he wants, then he would not need Envato any more (let’s estimate that this is one year). So why is Envato doing this?

There was not so long ago when some user with great WP shops (Envato have category for this shops :)) started with a similar agreement, now my question is, who do you think benefits more in this kind of agreements?

Also this is why let’s not call anyone specific in this Theme, would just like to have some answers on the subject.

by
by
by
by
by
by