I want to purchase an extended licence for a slider from Codecanyon and use it in a theme i’ll be selling here, i was thinking of the Layer Slider.
Would we simply create a plugins folder in the zip archive that is downloaded from ThemeForest and place the plugin there? Would any other information be required, ie licensing?
You can simply ask for permission to include in the theme, grab the extended license and follow the integration instruction they provided.
Integrating a premium plugin can be done in some scenarios:
1) include the plugin on theme folder and call it using php function, let’s say include_once()... On this scenario, the premium plugin will be a “feature” in your theme.
2) include the plugin file on the main download file of our theme. buyer need to install the plugin by himself, or you can use TGM Activation class to automatically install it… On this scenario, the premium plugin will be a “bonus” in your theme.
I like the second scenario to make it simple, but some of the plugin authors on CC doesn’t like it because they think that the second scenario looks like “re-distributing” their plugins. So, it is better to ask the plugin author first.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.