• Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • New Zealand
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
PixelStores says

Hi,

I want to purchase an extended licence for a slider from Codecanyon and use it in a theme i’ll be selling here, i was thinking of the Layer Slider.

Would we simply create a plugins folder in the zip archive that is downloaded from ThemeForest and place the plugin there? Would any other information be required, ie licensing?

Cheers

403 posts Keep Walking
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
UXbarn says

You can simply ask for permission to include in the theme, grab the extended license and follow the integration instruction they provided. :)

279 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
PrimaThemes says

Integrating a premium plugin can be done in some scenarios:

1) include the plugin on theme folder and call it using php function, let’s say include_once()... On this scenario, the premium plugin will be a “feature” in your theme.

2) include the plugin file on the main download file of our theme. buyer need to install the plugin by himself, or you can use TGM Activation class to automatically install it… On this scenario, the premium plugin will be a “bonus” in your theme.

I like the second scenario to make it simple, but some of the plugin authors on CC doesn’t like it because they think that the second scenario looks like “re-distributing” their plugins. So, it is better to ask the plugin author first. ;)

366 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • New Zealand
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
PixelStores says

Awesome! Prima, that TGM class looks very tidy thanks for the share, will try and incorporate it :)

by
by
by
by
by
by