366 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
PixelStores says

Hi,

I want to purchase an extended licence for a slider from Codecanyon and use it in a theme i’ll be selling here, i was thinking of the Layer Slider.

Would we simply create a plugins folder in the zip archive that is downloaded from ThemeForest and place the plugin there? Would any other information be required, ie licensing?

Cheers

417 posts Keep Walking
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
UXbarn says

You can simply ask for permission to include in the theme, grab the extended license and follow the integration instruction they provided. :)

280 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
PrimaThemes says

Integrating a premium plugin can be done in some scenarios:

1) include the plugin on theme folder and call it using php function, let’s say include_once()... On this scenario, the premium plugin will be a “feature” in your theme.

2) include the plugin file on the main download file of our theme. buyer need to install the plugin by himself, or you can use TGM Activation class to automatically install it… On this scenario, the premium plugin will be a “bonus” in your theme.

I like the second scenario to make it simple, but some of the plugin authors on CC doesn’t like it because they think that the second scenario looks like “re-distributing” their plugins. So, it is better to ask the plugin author first. ;)

366 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
+5 more
PixelStores says

Awesome! Prima, that TGM class looks very tidy thanks for the share, will try and incorporate it :)

by
by
by
by
by
by