9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
FMRDesign says

Hey everybody,

At first, english is not my frist language so please be nice to me. ;) I have some little questions about the generel exclusiv system. (I hope this is the right place for it) I am an exclusiv author.

1: Can I decide for every item if it is exclusiv? Can I say: This item is exclusiv and this is not?

2: If I produce an Mockup item: Can I show this in my portfolio, which is on an external website?

3: Can I use my exclusiv items for myself (e.g. Mockups for my reference website) or have I to buy it from me, for me? :P

4: Can I use my exclusiv Textures in an other exclusiv project?

Sorry for these questions. I read a lot of threads and searched a lot, too.

391 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
motionvids says

I’m not sure whether I understand every question but I’ll do my best to answer them.

1. No. Once you go Exclusive, all your items on the Envato Marketplaces are Exclusive, at least that is what the “My Settings > Exclusivity of Your Items” page is saying.

2. I think yes, as long as you aren’t selling it there. Many authors have personal websites as well where they link to their sales page. In addition it is also wise to upload your stuff to YouTube to get more exposure. So there is no harm in showing the stuff you’ve uploaded here in a portfolio on an external website, as long as you’re not selling it there.

3. You can use your own creations for whatever you want. Since you created your item, you own all the rights. Just make sure you didn’t use any items from other people within your item, unless you have the proper license for it.

4. I’m not sure what you mean here. You can use your own textures in your own projects yes, be advised that you shouldn’t upload similar stuff, since it is highly likely it won’t get approved. However, I’ve seen authors creating Video Templates and adding in a ‘Logo Sting’ item as a bonus. Meanwhile this Logo Sting is already sold as an stand-alone item on VideoHive and is ofcourse created by the same author. So I think it is possible to add in your own texture items(which you are already selling the Envato Marketplace) into larger projects that you’re going to sell.

9 posts
FMRDesign says

Thank you very much! :)

In general you answered my questions very well and I understand.

Maybe one last question, I am sure you know that: If I buy an item (regular license), e.g. a sound file for a video, I can use this sound in the video preview (on the selling page) but it is not allowed to sell the video icluding the sound file, right?

For this I have to by the extended License?

181 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
Rickyloca says

If you wanna sell one of your videos with the soundrack from an author of Audiojungle, just contact the author and simply put a link to that song in the description of your file. You no need to buy any Extended License because if the buyer wants to buy the song he just buy it from the author in Audiojungle. :)

954 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
aleluja says

For preview only, you can use everything from Envato marketplaces as long as there is watermark. You can, for example, use my preview image in your preview image, but it must be watermarked. You don’t have to ask for it. Also you can use a screenshot of any Envato site in your preview.

In general, for preview you need commercial licence and to put it in the file that buyer gets you need redistribution licence.

Exclusive Licence does not give you redistribution licence. So if you want to include music in the main download file you have to contact an author and he/she must give you the permission to do that.

9 posts
FMRDesign says

Okay, thanks!

I am always careful with copyright and so on, because of that I ask bevor I published something. Actual I make everthing by my own. Demo Logos, Images and so on.

by
by
by
by
by
by