3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
designermsk says

In both of your licenses (Regular & Exstended) present paragraph K, which states: “If the Work contains component items, those items must only be used within the Work and you must not extract and use them on a stand-alone basis. For example, if a website template contains photos, those photos can only be used within the website installation; you must not copy those photos outside of the website you install from the template.”

This means that any user to introduce their own photos to your slide anywhere and never can use these photos! Only once in your slider. Otherwise it violates your license. This is absurd and unacceptable for any potential buyer of your product. For example: Photographer places photos with a slider and when he has no right to use the photos or where else. The artist buys from you \\ for display of his own work and on license conditions now it anywhere has no right to show this work, except this packing on one site. Perfectly! This is absolutely unacceptable conditions! It violate the basic principles of copyright. Perhaps I mistakenly understood this point your license. I insist that the fact that you will explain it clearly.

2. What is the difference between “Single website for a client (commercial, personal, or non-profit) Regular License” and ” An online service where the file can be displayed on multiple users’ pages. Extended License”? In both cases, the slider reveals a lot of visitors. Does that mean that in the first case, according to the license site has the right to review only one person?

3. How many sliders I can make on one site if I buy 1 license? 1 or there is a lot of?

4. Last question – may I have to use my own buttons in the slider in order to combine the style of my site? Is it allowed? If you branched my doubts and convince me that I’m wrong, I’ll buy your products. If everything is as I believe I have all and everywhere will say not to buy from you.

3 posts
designermsk says

....The artist buys from you a packing for display of his own work and on license conditions now it anywhere has no right to show this work, except this packing on one site. Stunningly….

3047 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Hello,

For copyright or licencing concerns please submit a support ticket and one of the support staff will answer your questions. To submit a copyright or licencing question please go here: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Live/Tickets/Submit select “Copyright” and click “Next”.

I am not a lawyer and below is my personal opinion / answer to your questions.

1) If the work (eg: slider) comes with a component item (eg: a photo of a tree) then that component item cannot be used elsewhere (eg: cannot take that photo of a tree and print it on a brochure). If you have your own photos you are more than welcome (and highly encouraged!) to use those photos in the slider. If you use your own photos in a slider you can certainly use them elsewhere, this is only talking about photos that come with the slider.

2) Regular licence: item can be used on a single website. The single website can be viewed by millions of people. Extended licence: An online service like a Create Your Own Website service where users can create their own website and choose to include a slider on that unique website. Many websites showing many sliders.

3) Only use on a single website.

4) You are more than welcome to (and highly encouraged!) to style/customise the item with your buttons/graphics/etc…

Best of luck,
dtbaker

3 posts
designermsk says

Thanks!

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
ja1nsa says

I have a question about removal of downloads. I subscribed to an app on here 18 months ago and although I used it once it was not a perfect fit for my requirements. I now wish to use the app but it is no longer in my downloads list and the version I have not longer works (it was 1.5.8 for Wordpress 3.1, Wordpress is now 3.5 and the app is 3.0.2), how can I get the update without the download, why is it not showing, why is it taking 48 hours+ to get a response (and counting)? This is a Joke! I paid for something, the website says FREE upgrades and Envato / Code Canyon delete the download so I can’t upgrade. Thieves!

by
by
by
by
by
by