1769 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

I want to withdraw my earnings directly to my bank account and I want to ask you…Other than the $35 fee, is there any other fee or stuff affecting the transfer? What’s the exchange rate used? (my local currency is not USD or EUR ), I just want to see if it’s better to withdraw via SWIFT than PayPal(I don’t trust PayPal since it’s quite some money)

631 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
UBLThemes says

I would like to know this also, i cant find anywhere how the exchange rate is given.

Is it from swift or your bank?

Also i have a question about swift:

. I see every month people not getting there money, is there always problems with swift?

1694 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

The problem with SWIFT is that sometimes transfers are delayed as the money “go” from bank to bank until they hit your account. To solve this issue is to ask your bank: what is the best Corespondent Bank to work with so that you can get your money faster.

The conversion rate is decided at your bank when the money arrive, so the bank’s exchange rate of that date is used and your money get converted to RON for instance. In this case you only “lose” some money because the currency conversion rate difference with other banks such as central banks. If you have an USD account you don’t loose the currency rate difference when the RON currency loses value.

Hope this makes sense.

14 posts
  • Located in United States
ABStudios says

Aside from the SWIFT $35 fee to send money which Envato takes out, there’s also and incoming wire fee your bank will take out, which can be anywhere from 10-25 dollars, and then there may be a foreign exchange conversion from AUD to your country’s monetary equivalent. At most you’re looking at around 52 EUR .

I personally wouldn’t trust PayPal anything with more than $1,000.

1769 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Thank you guys for your replies!

310 posts Tabvn
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
tabvn says

IF SWIFT only $35 and some fees taken at the bank i think this is good option to withdraw moneys, it better than Moneybookers they taken me 3,99% total amount. this is good options for who has more than 1000$ cheapest way i think so :)

1694 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

Aside from the SWIFT $35 fee to send money which Envato takes out, there’s also and incoming wire fee your bank will take out, which can be anywhere from 10-25 dollars, and then there may be a foreign exchange conversion from AUD to your country’s monetary equivalent. At most you’re looking at around 52 EUR . I personally wouldn’t trust PayPal anything with more than $1,000.

We don’t have such fees in EU as far as I know. Swift and currency rate difference are the only reasons money come less in your account.

631 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
UBLThemes says

Aside from the SWIFT $35 fee to send money which Envato takes out, there’s also and incoming wire fee your bank will take out, which can be anywhere from 10-25 dollars, and then there may be a foreign exchange conversion from AUD to your country’s monetary equivalent. At most you’re looking at around 52 EUR . I personally wouldn’t trust PayPal anything with more than $1,000.

its not AUD its USD

14 posts
  • Located in United States
ABStudios says

IF SWIFT only $35 and some fees taken at the bank i think this is good option to withdraw moneys, it better than Moneybookers they taken me 3,99% total amount. this is good options for who has more than 1000$ cheapest way i think so :)

$35 is the amount I’ve seen for wires by US banks, but it seems to be the same all over. You’re best off checking with your bank. Paypal or Moneybooker transfers are worth the speed and lower fees when dealing with less than say $0-2,000. After that, it becomes more expensive to do it through Paypal, I can’t say the same for Moneybookers, but I’m sure it’s roughly the same.

its not AUD its USD

I didn’t know Envato traded in USD , I always thought it was in AUD . Thanks for the clarification, mate! :)

205 posts The Joomla Guy
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
hogash says

Have you considered Payoneer? I honestly love it and the fees are not so big. I’ve used Swift (and Paypal) for several months, unfortunately i can’t remember the fees but i remember i wasn’t quite satisfied. Also you’re right, Swift is better than Paypal, but I personally suggest Payoneer for it’s awesomeness :)

by
by
by
by
by
by