149 posts World Director
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
dedalx says

Hi, this is question for authors who have a lot of visitors traffic to their templates demo sites on Themeforest. As you can see we have a lot of good selling OpenCart, Magento and PrestaShop themes, and we have a lot of traffic per day. Now our dedicated server goes slow down some times when many visitors check our themes in one time. For Magento themes we use Amazon AWS cloud (additional instance for every theme), but it is not very easy in configuration and cost not little. Now we are searching for good solution for Opencart and Wordpress themes.

I want to ask you – what dedicated servers, or VDS/VPS or maybe shared hostings you use for your demo themes on WordPress and other CMS templates here on themeforest? Please provide some recomendations for fast servers, what is the best, with estimated price and your summary day visitors to your sites on this server. Thanks!

140 posts moutheme
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
moutheme says

Just want to share here one our observation: you can save a lot of traffic, and keep your servers working if you will keep your presentations images (those you use in the theme description on TF) in different place than your demos. Once our server was down, and we are using really affordable solution right now. But we notice that when we move presentation images to other place – its start working again, and so far no problems and no complaints from other people.

149 posts World Director
+6 more
dedalx says

Heh, good solution! And where you store images now?

149 posts World Director
+6 more
dedalx says

(oops double submit)

140 posts moutheme
+6 more
moutheme says

On a different hosting, of course :P But now we feel more safe for our demo site. I don’t have any numbers, but TF pages have much more views than the demos, and each our item may have 1-5 MB of images on item details page…

I also would like to know if there is a better place for images.

495 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says

Average daily stats:

1.300 unique visitors
60k hits
1.5Gb data transfer

Dedicated OVH server, no issues.

271 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

Average daily stats:

1000 unique visitors, 80k hits, 1.95 GB data transfer

I’m using VPS from asmallorange.com

27 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
samuelthan says

Depends on the people you are serving your content to the most. And which audience you are trying to target.

Then, we’ll pick the a VPS hosting closest or directly at where your audience is. That’ll help service the content faster.

Cheapest setup i’ve done which you can look into is VPS from RamNode for $2 a month :) . Bear in mind, i don’t setup a theme shop myself but have been using it for similar visitor demand from my day job as a sysadmin.

You can consider CDN which adds in serving contents around the world if you are trying to conquer the world :)

103 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
+4 more
pixedelic says

Average daily stats:

Just to share my experience with Asmallorange: since many elite authors described ASO as a great service I tried their VPSes, almost the same configuration I had (and still have) with JaguarPC (and the same I had before with Servint): Pingdom reported 3 downtimes in less than 48 hours and tons of errors due to the RAM, the worst experience ever.

271 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

Average daily stats:

Just to share my experience with Asmallorange: since many elite authors described ASO as a great service I tried their VPSes, almost the same configuration I had (and still have) with JaguarPC (and the same I had before with Servint): Pingdom reported 3 downtimes in less than 48 hours and tons of errors due to the RAM, the worst experience ever.

I had “5 minutes” downtimes every few days, but after I sent ticket to technicians and they fixed it.

by
by
by
by
by
by